Search results

1. C

Today is the day for 3.0's

Just got my final approval yesterday for my 2016 Touareg Lux. $2k coming my way for leasee restitution. I dumped the car on CarMax in March for lease payout. Happy to be done with this!
  2. C

Today is the day for 3.0's

Just got my offer for my prior lease on a 2016 Touareg that I sold to Carmax. Offer is $2k as a former lessee. Sold in March to CarMax for lease payoff and walked away to take advantage of a 20% off sale on the SS that I acquired. Quite happy with that!
  3. C

Are VW and Audi dealers allowed to sell used TDIs right now?

That's what I figured... They quickly hustled it away the day I sold it to them, and it was not put in the giant holding pen with all of the other purchased vehicles awaiting refurbishment. Those Bastards! :D Actually, I'm fine with it. I was a leasee, so there was no huge payout waiting...
  4. C

Are VW and Audi dealers allowed to sell used TDIs right now?

I sold my 2016 Touareg Tdi Lux to Carmax last week, basically broke even on lease payoff. I keep checking their site to see if they list it, but so far, it has not shown up for sale. That's strange since I've sold a few cars to them in the past and they usually show up on the lot within 48...
  5. C

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Today's the last day to get your Chevy SS at the 20% off promo! Act quick! 415hp/torque will cause you to quickly forget your beloved Tdi! I'm getting 12mpg around town and loving every minute of it!
  6. C

Nice choice. My wife drives a 2015 Highlander Limited and it's been a great vehicle. We especially like the middle row captains chairs vs. the bench seat you get in the XLE.
  7. C

CarMax in Ontario CA. Be on the lookout for a mint condition 2016 Reflex Silver Touareg Lux Tdi. 19,200 miles. I predict they'll list it for 43k.
  8. C

Online everywhere. Try Chevrolet.com. Applies to many models and expires 3/13. 20% off on the SS was a solid 10k with no haggle.
  9. C

I did my deal yesterday and bid farewell to VW once and forever! I got tired of waiting out the settlement for the 3.0's so I dumped my 2016 Touareg Tdi Lux at Carmax. It was a lease, so I wasn't in for a huge settlement, and I can still get some $ as a former leasee. The replacement? A...
  10. C

Any way to sell a 2016 Touareg Lux Tdi??

Question for the wise collective here. For business reasons, I may be looking to get out of my 2016 Touareg Lux Tdi a bit early. It's a lease with 19k miles on it currently, in excellent condition. It's silver over black leather with the tow package. I'm not sure I'll be able to wait out the...
  11. C

3.0's can now register for fix/buyback

Link now works for us 3.0 owners. I just registered my 2016 3.0 Touareg. Not sure if this was necessary since I'd already registered for the goodwill a long time ago, but it felt good to see some progress. https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/
  12. C

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

I had $188 on my dealer only card set to expire 1/31. I stopped by my dealer to see if they'd put it on my account for my upcoming 20k service on my Touareg. They said they can't!! I wound up spending $188 in their parts department on DEF, Wiper blades, t-shirts, and a nice VW Ogio tote bag....
  13. C

Status hearing w/ Judge is F 12/16 - check this link for transcript of meeting

My 2016 T-reg is on a four year lease that comes up in late 2019. I figure by then they'll have this cluster f*ck squared away and I may have a heavily warranted Tdi ready to be bought out from lease. I never would've thought they'd give VW so much leeway and time. If I had bought this car...
  14. C

I agree as well. VW is doing a might great job of arse f*cking thousands of high end buyers for Gen 2 3.0's. Well done VW! I hope your fix fails miserably and the warranty work needed for a shoddy fix lingers for years and runs you into the ground.
  15. C

Cancelling SiriusXM - Another Buyback Related Hassle

Very simple to fix. Simply ask them to bill you! They charge a couple bucks to bill you, but it avoids the "auto renewal" hell.
  16. C

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-20/vw-reaches-deal-for-emissions-cheating-audi-porsche-models “We are committed to earning back the trust of all our stakeholders and thank our customers and dealers for their patience as the process moves forward,” the company said in a...
  17. C

Exactly right. VW sold me my 2016 3.0 a week after the scandal broke, saying it didn't involve the 3.0's. Flat out fraud! They knew the 3.0's were affected. Buy it back!
  18. C

Plaintiffs and VW have agreed payment of substantial compensation to car owners. No details... Pisses me off that there's no buyback for Gen 2 3.0's. Unless VW can't propose a valid fix...
  19. C

Same here. Sent email to them demanding full buyback and got a canned reply in about 30 seconds.... " Hi Mr. , We'd like to thank you for your input. We will pass this along to the rest of the PSC team for consideration. Best, Cameron Saunders Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP VW...