Search results

1. J

0M1 Diff Gear Oil

Does everyone use the recommended 75W90 GL4 or has anyone tried 75W140? Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  2. J

FOR SALE: Mk4 Rally light bar

Hopefully, another group buy will happen again soon. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  3. J

2003 jetta tdi auto transmission problem

Probably the G68 sensor. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  4. J

Carpet

The previous owner wore out the carpet to the point there are some holes in it. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  5. J

4mo swapped TDI suspension help!

What wheels are those? BTW I wish my paint looked that good! Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  6. J

Carpet

Doea anyone have a good source for replaing the entire carpet in our MK4s? Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  7. J

Which power steering rack?

I guess the bigger question is what is needed for the servotronic to work properly. But, I called VW and if you have power steering fluid they claim it is a hydraulic rack and not the servotronic rack. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  8. J

Which power steering rack?

How can you tell which steering rack you need? Meaning servotronic or not? VIN decoders just say power rack and steering. This is for a 2002 Jetta TDI sedan. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  9. J

Unlock/lock European sound

I like the chirp made on the Euro MK4s more than the NAs. Is there a place has has the horn for sale? Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  10. J

Front Wheel Hubs

The bolts will not budge. Tried oil and heat. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  11. J

Front Wheel Hubs

The issue I am having is that the cv axle will not come off from the right side and I am trying to figure out if I can get away with taking the hub off and replacing it. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  12. J

Front Wheel Hubs

Yeah, I am thinking these are for an Audi or Passat. Anyone have a link to decently priced front hubs for the MK4? Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  13. J

Front Wheel Hubs

Are these the correct wheel hubs for the front of a 2002 Jetta TDI? Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  14. J

TDI Front crankshaft seal nightmare

I assume this can be done without the engine running? Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  15. J

Poor man's cam seal replacement

I was thinking of putting the cam on first then putting the top idler pulley back on. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  16. J

Yeah, I don't own a pair of snap ring pliers. That is why I was thinking of removing the top idler pulley and cord idea to release tension. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  17. J

Yeah, I have the cam lock and pump lock. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  18. J

I can only imagine the one near the EGR, did you have to remove it? Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  19. J

I have a similar nickname for the same reason. Since, I am wanting to just replace the cam seal. Once I set the cam to TDC, can I get away with taking the top idler pulley off and use bungee cords to hold the belt in place. Take the cam sprocket off and properly install seal and reassemble...
  20. J

I appriciate you reminding me about the anti-theft lug removal technique. And the socket I used is still in good shape. Probably because I gently tapped it on. Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk