Search results

1. T

Must Part with 1998 Jetta TDI - SF Bay Area

Ditto..e-mail me when you get the paperwork taken care of.
  2. T

Cheap diesel in Sacramento Valley Region

$2.379 debit or $2.479 credit @ Raley & Bell - Rio Linda
  3. T

$2.519 @ Raley & Bell - Rio Linda
  4. T

Manual v Auto

10%-20% difference depending on type of traffic and distance. Longer distances (20+ miles one way) w/zero stop and go - keeping speeds between 45-65mph will put you in the 10% range.
  5. T

RPM at 75

Yep!! - You've got one sick bug! 02 auto turning 2650-2700 @ 75mph; floating just below the midway point between 2600-2800.
  6. T

deciphering warning lights...

Welcome aboard; Good chance it's a glow-plug problem. Follow the FAQs for diagnoising glow-plug problems. If you've got an autozone parts store up there - they'll usually read the code for free. You should also think about going to B50 until it gets back above freezing; to avoid gelling...
  7. T

$2.659 @ riverside & Broadway; across from Target.
  8. T

'02 JETTA TDI AUTOMATIC TRANS SHIFTING PROBLEM ?

Re: \'02 JETTA TDI AUTOMATIC TRANS SHIFTING PROBLEM If it's only doing this when it's cold - it's most likely an ATF level problem. No aftermarket shift kits that I know about, since this is a fuzzy logic tranny - it should adapt. We usually crank up the internal AFT pressure regulator to...
  9. T

GLOW PLUG WIRING HARNESS

Do it yourself. New harness is around $40 and the connector is hidden in a plastic wire harness channel near the brake booster. Most people will follow the wires back into the main harness and cut them off and tie-wrap the new wires to the exterior of the harness, back to the wire harness channel.
  10. T

Which nozzles?

Matt, IMHO - Don't waste your time with .184's. I've tired both in my jetta. You'll take a 1-2 mpg hit using either .205's or .184's and the more city driving you do the larger your mileage hit. The change over to .184's are barely noticable; but you'll KNOW when the .205 are under the hood! If...
  11. T

Battery life -- how long?

My OEM factory sealed battery only last 2 (+/-) a year. Just replaced it w/Wally world 41 battery for $40 bucks. No more recharging after a couple of day parked!!
  12. T

Stuck Transmission

The tranny is in limp mode. Don't drive it too far in this condition, since the tranny fluid will boil. Take it to a tranny shop with the proper equipment to diagnose your problem.
  13. T

'02 Jetta occasionally won't start

Re: \'02 Jetta occasionally won\'t start Have them check for loose grounds and connections. Possible relay 109 problem?
  14. T

Arm Rest Drivers Window Side

Just go to the dealer, it's ~$17. Or order it online: https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html
  15. T

Pitted nozzles? Opinions?

IMHO, that's the exterior of the nozzle - no big deal. A different story if that was the nozzle's interior.
  16. T

Car wont accelerate passed 2000 rpm

festivenuts, replace the tee and o-rings on top of the fuel filter and test again. Your probably sucking air from a crack in that plastic tee or leaky o-rings. Good luck.
  17. T

Car wont accelerate passed 2000 rpm

Check the fuel sender unit in the tank!!
  18. T

Auto Tranny Torque Converter Lockup NOT Locking Up

Re: Auto Tranny Torque Converter Lockup NOT Lockin The error code is just telling you what you already know; so the dealers service department can verify your problem. The root cause of the problem can be anything. I'd start with ground points under the wiper blades, next to the ECU & TCU. Hit...
  19. T

Auto Tranny Torque Converter Lockup NOT Locking Up

Re: Auto Tranny Torque Converter Lockup NOT Lockin Gotta love bookmarks - here you go! http://www.transmissionspecialty.com/parts/parts/119940-01k.htm
  20. T

What will happen if I use SVO without conversion?

Re: What will happen if I use SVO without conversi Pull an injector, take a picture, and post it here. I'd be willing to bet at least one of those injector holes are plugged up!!! That gear oil will really screw things up!!