Search results

1. C

rough idle, 5-spd

So I took my car to the dealer yesterday to have the fix for this done. I used the dealer since they are actually listed on here in the TDI mechanics by state thread and I still had a little bit left before the factory warranty ran out. I'm also a little scared to do this by myself and I don't...
  2. C

VW Credit 2009 TDI Jetta Financing

First off if I took the tip...I would lose my sales licence so it wouldn't be worth the $100...secondly most dealers have pay plans set up to alleviate this problem. Dealers create "unit" bonuses so that not only will you get paid commission you get paid more if you sell more cars. That one...
  3. C

VW Credit 2009 TDI Jetta Financing

All banks and credit unions have different lending guidelines. The amount that they usually work off of is actually invoice and not MSRP. There are even a few credit unions that have no guidelines for "advance" which is the amount over invoice and other banks base the amount of advance they...
  4. C

$29.99 Oil Change -Virginia Beach

Anyone in the Virgina Beach area...Checkered Flag VW has a $29.99 synthetic oil change special. I called the service advisor and she said that it applies to TDI's also.
  5. C

Time for my Jetta TDI to go

Sorry...I edited my post so that maybe it makes more sense. I was breaking out the service intevals on a 30mpg GAS car for the guy. The point was to show that even if he gets said 30mpg GAS car to "save" money...there will still be expenses!
  6. C

That info is for a 2008 GAS Focus which I was using to show that the cost of maintenance on a GAS car will still be high at a dealership.The manual actually says to service the ball joints, half shafts, steering linkage, suspension, and U-joints. I just put lube joints for brevity sake...guess...
  7. C

If you have decided to get rid of your TDI, you're going to do it and none of us will be able to talk you out of it. However, here are some cost comparisons so that you're not blind sided later. I sell Ford's so I'll use the Ford Focus as a 30 mpg Vehicle. Cost of New Focus SE: Approx. $17,000...
  8. C

Getting a Dog

I haven't had any problems with their nails (and I'm not the best at keeping them cut...my dogs HATE having their nails cut). I also have a leather couch that they are allowed on every now and then and we've never had a problem there either. I don't think you're being anal...I was the same way...
  9. C

Help with Oil Filter

I have searched extensively...and can't seem to find the answer. I can't seem to find which oil filter I need to use. I looked at the Fram guide at autozone the other day and noticed that the 06 Jetta was not listed. Does anyone know of an oil filter that meets specs that I can buy at...
  10. C

Getting a Dog

I can't answer your question totally, but I can say that I have two big dogs and I haven't had any problems with the seats not being covered. If you're worried about hair...just lay down an old sheet and tuck it in. You'll still have hair everywhere, but you can gather most of it up in the...
  11. C

If you ordered your 2009, list here

Agreed...I have worked in the car business for over 5 years. The "protection package" is crap. Although they do buy some special stuff from a company and apply it to the vehicle...it's still basically just wax and armor all. VW WILL NOT even allow them to offer undercoating (if your...
  12. C

I am SOOOO excited!!!

I'm sure that you're right...but the only mods to the original car that I'm going to be making for a while are the aesthetic/quality of life ones. Since I drive 80 miles R/T...the Sirius and bluetooth are extremely important to me and since it didn't come with the car I see it as a...
  13. C

2006 trade-in

I have sold cars for quite a few years now (work at a Ford dealer...drive a TDI!!!). I can't say if that is good or not...it depends on whether or not it is ACV (Actual Cash Value) or Trade In Allowance. The difference is that the ACV is what the dealership is actually putting on the trade and...
  14. C

I am SOOOO excited!!!

Unfortunately for my wallet...it already has. I added Sirius Radio, a bluetooth device, and tinted the windows. Still so much more to do :D !!!
  15. C

I am SOOOO excited!!!

I have owned both a 2000 (traded in for the 04) and a 2004 TDI Jetta. In 2005, I traded my 04 Jetta for a Jeep Wrangler. At the time, I didn't think about the 15 mpg...I just wanted a Jeep. Last week I found a used 2006 Jetta with 47,000 miles and couldn't wait to trade in the Jeep! So...