Search results

1. D

Alternator/ Idler Pulley interference

And case closed... when I installed it I must have missed the ears when it was getting dark... look at the too hole... fml haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

It was an amazon special, I was guessing thats the case, not sure if I can adjust it enough to make it work. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. D

Not the tensioner. The idler pulley. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

Wiki wiki question... 2000 TDI, alternator failed a few weeks ago... Finally got around to doing it today and as I am trying to put the belt back on (read: everything is back together) I see the alternator and idler pulleys are contacting. They turn fine, but it is clearly not normal... Is this...
  5. D

Will you turn in your tuned CR if VW offers buybacks?

I had read the extra billion is on top of the 7-8 they already put aside... I cannot dig up source, and may be bogus, but its floating around out there... Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  6. D

Kerma Q pro for a CR140 - anyone have?

Hello Digdug, I am hoping mine is in when I get home today I will let you know Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  7. D

MK6 brake job

Do not forget to bleed the clutch as well... cloudy fluid came out of mine, and use that time to take the restrictor out... well worth the 3 minutes!
  8. D

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

As low as 3.03 nearby Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  9. D

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

3.15 here Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  10. D

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

Done... at least michaelb was the catalyst to there being less confusion with my posts... love ya fellow diesel dubber
  11. D

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

Back to the topic at hand... In NJ, they do roadside sniffers as spot checks, which they can NOT use in a diesel anyhow. Otherwise in NJ if it has no CEL's thrown it will pass (which programming takes care of), they do not check emissions on ANY car... With that, I would rather wait till it...
  12. D

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

I believe you need mid pipe because of all the flappers and bs under there in that section... You are correct, when it fails it can be exempt... I am waiting for then... I do not do enough highway driving it seems, so i feel premature failure may be a trend for me... And as a matter of fact i...
  13. D

2000 TDI Heavy Smoke will not accelerate part 2000rpm

I dont, im not worried though, not much residual up top... Down to two bolts left to get turbo off... Reached in to feel if turbo spins... Seized and feels pretty ugly... Cant wait to get it out to see the carnage... S7 turbo on the way... Will be here friday!!!
  14. D

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

350 for used dp, 500 for tune... Dp hooks up to existing exhaust so no need to do the rest of the exhaust, as for dsg... Dont have dsg so that one is out... And the fed thing... Exemption...
  15. D

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

Lets compare apples and apples, a dpf replacement is NOT 700... But i will be in it for about 800, how much are new dpfs over the life of my car plus wear and tear from heat generated effecting turbo and head, plus wasted fuel from regens?
  16. D

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

Or less... I got the dp for a steal on the vortex... Still in box if you know a guy to reverse engineer lol
  17. D

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

They have exemption there? Here in nj if it cost more than 700 to fix you can get an exemption and rip the pos out!!! Mine is always in regen because i dont spend enough time on highways, i did a four hour trip home from dc to a regen, so much for passive... I have a dp with a cat, however, as...
  18. D

Well... Got under today thinking it was timing... As i pulled the smic hose off to access the crank, about a quart of oil poured out of the pipe... Im guessing its not a timing issue lol s7 turbo on the way!
  19. D

Thanks for the wiki wiki responses, I will look and double check, as I checked this morning and found nothing out of the ordinary... That is what it sounded like to me, like raw turbo sound, and figured the MAF is reading Mo' flow, but it is not reaching the engine, so it is putting way too...
  20. D

As I was driving home yesterday, under heavy acceleration, I felt a bump then no power and will not run up past 2000 rpm... It starts strong, and idles great with no smoke, but off idle becomes a fog machine, runs rough, and I hear a whine but not whistle from turbo... On top of that, no codes...