Search results

1. C

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Could we get away from all these part numbers, repair this , fix this, and it goes in very easy with two left hand wrench's, if you hold your mouth to the right! Go back to the hate and discontent. Lots more fun.
  2. C

Thanks Steve. The Chubs post reminds me to call for a appointment. I need a couple wires in the computer moved. Over my head. Nice little drive in the country for me. As you know, I've been there twice. Derek is a whiz on this stuff. I won't mention this is on my A4. Mods will kick me off here...
  3. C

You might need to do the mode/blend door repair. If it's never been done you most surely need to do it. Look in the vents, see any foam in there? 190 degree thermostat will produce more heat than you ever need. There is a sticky on this. Large PITA to do. Mine took about 9 hrs. to do. Well worth...
  4. C

Upgraded timing belt tensioner on 1Z engine

Steve is a wealth of info on all things TDI. He helps me immensely. No more B4 here. I drive my A4 TDI with a AFN engine. Probably looks like your engine. Shoot Frans at Dutch Auto Parts. com a message. Go to his web site, he will know exactly what you have and need. I purchased all my parts for...
  5. C

Glad you found one. I know you've been looking for awhile.
  6. C

1997 Passat B4 Temperature question

Hotter is better. Oops forgot, we're talking about cars.
  7. C

Not a big NAPA fan here! I use the paper gasket that comes with the water pump. Put a little white RTV on both sides, good to go. I use ID Parts, metal impeller, never a problem. Windex you are a funny guy. I fell out of my chair laughing when I saw your keyboard reply.
  8. C

Do It Yourself - Timing Belt Replacement Using the Mark and Pray Technique

I've done 3 timing belts with all the goodies that go with them. I have the tools and VCDS. Now having said that, I have another special tool! I keep Steve Addy on speed PM. Works for me.
  9. C

TDI ACCELERATOR pedal

I have a TDI fuel pedal from my swap project that I don't need. I used a 05 B5 tdi pedal. This is still on the mounting bracket for clutch and brake pedal. I used both brake and clutch pedals on my project. This has the provisions to use either way, cable and the harness with the 6 wires, with...
  10. C

B4's vs. B5's

I have a B4 & A4. I keep a list of maintenance, repairs. B4 has 40 items on the list. Some small, most are not. Just ask Steve Addy! My help Guru. 324000 and climbing. Car has hardly any rust, floor pans, trunk pans are very clean. No water leaks. The A4 is a 2001 TDI swap. AFN, 5 spd. All...
  11. C

Thinking of a swap

Very much in line price. As they say, if you can do your own maintenance you'll be ok. If not, a timing belt, water pump, rollers and such. Plus you might as well do the intake manifold clean out at same time. All this if taken to a repair shop,( never the dealer ) will run over half the price...
  12. C

Project: 2004 Passat TDI-Manual Swap, BSMD, And More!

Listen to all the folks that has did this swap! 6 speed gas trans.? Don't waste you time. Get a 5 speed TDI and be done with it. At least send Frans @ Dutch Auto Parts an email. He has them in stock at great prices. You're going to screw up all your hard work for the sake of a gas trans? Oh...
  13. C

WOW! Reading all the post of work members have done, I feel ashamed. I have did nothing, nothing, nothing! Turn the key and away I go. ID Parts will probably go in chapter 11. I know Steve Addy is glad. PM about everyday for something I was stuck on! Good times. TDI on.
  14. C

Balance Shaft Upgrade Shops

Just make sure you get a TDI manual trans. Gas trans no workey. Frans at Dutch Auto Parts.Com has all the parts in a kit. Pedals, clutch, axles, sub-frame and other stuff shipped to your door overnight via FedEx. Lots and lots of us have purchased from him. Prices are great. First class in...
  15. C

The 1998 B5 Passat TDI (one of 2 stateside?)

Nice to see some action on your B5, JFettig. I had a few wires chewed up on my A4 that was fixed before my swap began. Wee beasties can get in the most odd places. Wonder what it taste like to them? Must be good, like a smorgasbord of things! I think the diesel wires would be better than the gas...
  16. C

I'll bet the two of you a can't do it in 1 1/2 hr. Keep time and post it.
  17. C

You must install your engine cover! How else will you know it's a TDI ?
  18. C

I knew better but I didn't do it. Replaced the right front wheel bearing. Purchased 2 so both could be replaced. However when doing the right one it was determined that left one was ok. Yea. you know what's coming. Now the left one is making noise. It's only been about 200 miles since the right...
  19. C

Forgot, did the Cam rails.