Search results

1. Q

Outta here...

Outta here...
  2. Q

Would you run these pistons?

Thanks man, for the longest time I thought it was just me...:)
  3. Q

Compressed air vs. Nitrogen

I think this whole discussion goes out the window when the tire jockey slops a half cup of water-based lube inside the tire while mounting. N2 or air, both will be saturated with water if any trace of lube gets inside the tire...
  4. Q

For all you naysayers of K&N filters...

Sometimes the engine is not in a VW, as in the case of a recent ranger swap I participated in. My second choise, the ranger airbox, was also a no-fit. Reluctantly used a K&N. Mechanical engine though, so no MAF, just have to worry about compressor erosion... A good reason to use them in a...
  5. Q

Chevy Cruze Diesel a direct competitor to the Jetta TDI

Get with the program dude, it's a global economy, and you made it that way. You kept saying "cheaper" and you got it. Careful what you wish for... Now, sadly, the kid making your shoes in china wants a car too and he's probably going to get it first because you've priced yourself out of a job...
  6. Q

Diesel is toast if this true.

I too worry about the cost of natural gas. If the new "hydrogen economy" begins to take off we are in serious trouble. It will take massive quantities of natural gas to produce sufficient hydrogen to fuel north americas fleet, the price will skyrocket. In the past 5 years natural gas in Ontario...
  7. Q

15:1 or How low can you go...?

The way I undestand it, all vehicles running in LMP2 must run 30mm restrictor plates just ahead of each turbocharger inducer and are also limited to 2.96 bar (43psi) boost pressure. That 43 psi would probably only be available at fairly low rpm due to the restrictor plates choking the flow at...