Search results

1. R

Loaded package 2? 06 white Jetta 5 speed with awesome service history

Sold to a nice young couple from GA, drove it home last night. 11k was sale price for those of you trying to gage the market. He was an educated buyer, surfed forums, new about cams/Frank 06/simpler emissions on 06 etc.
  2. R

bump, deal fell thru, bad credit. if you look at it and drive it, you'll want to buy it. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=316786585&dealer_id=67043031&atc_id=AT-12e1c799
  3. R

pics are in the autotrader ad, search zip 74106
  4. R

bump for a new week, going in autotrader this week
  5. R

bump, no rattling in the clutch, solid every day driver
  6. R

WTB: 05.5 or 06 Jetta in Massachusetts

My package 2 is in the classifieds, fly down, drive it home. I will run it to any local appraiser you want. My dad is in CT, he comes here to buy his used cars, no history of salt exposure. My miles are up, but it's hwy and with the right service history.
  7. R

slightly higher milage tdi- do I buy?

I bought mine with 73k or so and ran it to 143 k. I did have to do a major service (planned) and a cam (unplanned) but it was still the right car for me to have and it served it's purpose well. I would keep it for another 100k but my megacommute days are winding down. high miles mostly city...
  8. R

changing timing belt due to age?

From a techie point of view..... age is more critical than miles for belts and hoses. Rubber has a shelf life. the parts live in the shade so they are not prone to uv, but the rubber still deteriorates over time. 4yrs is a general rule before degredation begins.... I would change it, not due...
  9. R

bump, if you live in ok and have good credit I can steer you to 1.99 financing
  10. R

heated seats, charcoal interior, stock and monster matts. leather is like new, interior is 9.8 out of 10. nice thing about the nav, aside from the nav itself is that the buttons don't have the finish flaking off like 99% of the base radios.
  11. R

******SOLD****** More info to come, I need to take more pics when I get back from a trip. I bought this car 2 yrs ago as a "life change" resulted in a megacommute. My megacommute is coming to an end and I want something more radical/fun to drive.... I bought a 370Z. So it had 74,300...
  12. R

Timing belt change schedule confusion

Good point. Ben did the job and I'm not sure what the tensioner setup is for the TB but seeing as he replaced the accy belt idler/tensionser and WP I'm sure if the TB tensioner system had something that gets tired it was replaced too. So you have to factor in your comfort level with those...
  13. R

Timing belt change schedule confusion

Lot's of opinions on this one. keep in mind that lots of people are on this forum. some are conservative, some are more casual or risk takers. I'm an ME, make and repair airplane parts and engines all my life. our rubber timing belts don't suffer from wear, they suffer from age. the...
  14. R

???? front park lamp out???

figured it out..... did not realize that other little bilb was in there:)
  15. R

???? front park lamp out???

I've had this car a while now (almost two yrs and 57k miles).... idiot light tells me my left low beam is out.... i fixed it, eventually enough cycles go by and the code clears. Days later it's telling me my front left park lamp is out. As near as I can tell all the lights are working...
  16. R

Hardly a newbie, but wondering about diesel $ vs. gas $

so I missread the link? It "appeared" that it took about twice as much crude to make a gallon of diesel vs a gallon of gas. If that's incorrect my statement is bunk:)
  17. R

Service action 97U3/T3 side airbag harness?

I got a notice in the mail, never had the indicator light go on. Not excited about the prospect taking the car to the dealer so they can poke at it for two hours and inspect the connector to see if it needs the free replacemtn harness..... But, is this the same harness in the door that...
  18. R

Makes for interesting philosophical debate..... quick math, for our cars anyway, says we use more gallons of crude to go x distance than our gasoline equavalents, the crude used to make the fuel outweighs the efficincies of the dieselt btu's to miles covered etc. That will chap those doing...
  19. R

Thanks, sound answers. I was clueless on the first point and did not realize state taxes would vary so much I can find a 30 cent spread in some towns due to "other" retail factors as you suggest. I miss my twin 100's (Sold the IH 8100) where i could fuel up for most of my roundtrips...