Search results

1. S

Replacing Injection pump seals on 2003 Jetta TDI wagon

Good luck with it. I did mine last summer, got all seals from Diesel Geek. If you're gonna do them, do them all. There are 4. The top and bottom ones for the pump, and the two round ones. There are good videos on it, and unless you run into any issues getting bolts out(I did with one), the job...
  2. S

///// best way to haul plywood on the roof rack /////

How did this not crush the roof? Or did it? 🤷🏼‍♂️
  3. S

Chemical cleaning for turbo vs removal?

I'm assuming you have the EGR deleted? Although in my case, I think it was a one off. Things seem to be working fine now. Just scanned with VCDS, overboost code gone (didn't delete it previously). I did notice the IQ was a touch low (around 2.8) from when I replaced the injector seals, so I...
  4. S

Test complete. Looked good to me. I could see the movement in my mirror, looked to be about that 3/4" you mentioned.
  5. S

Thank you, I'll try the test tomorrow. I took her on a solid drive this afternoon, giving her a good uphill thrashing in 3rd and 4th gear. Haven't been able to recreate anything from the other day. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I also neglected to post my original code... (I did not get a CEL, BTW) 16618 - Boost...
  6. S

No I haven't. Never had any kind issues before. I'm unsure how to proceed. I do have VCDS and I think you mean something like a Mittyvac?
  7. S

I have no idea how any of you who did this got it done. I'm amazed and equally frustrated that I can't. The back nut on the exhaust side has some weird corrosion on it (of course it does 🙄) I could tell right away I won't get much purchase on it with the 12mm and I'm more likely than not to just...
  8. S

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

My 03 Jetta Wagon is just hitting 696K km (432K miles). Still original engine and trans, pulling strong. Just did injection pump seals over the summer. I'm the third owner... My buddy had it from about 150K to 527K by August of 2020, when he gave it to me. My overall fuel economy has been...
  9. S

Winter mileage sever loss?

Not sure about the newer TDIs, but my ALH usually goes down about 10-15% depending on conditions.
  10. S

200,000 mile club... roll call!

My 03 Jetta Wagon is just hitting 696K km (432K miles). Still original engine and trans, pulling strong. Just did injection pump seals over the summer. I'm the third owner... My buddy had it from about 150K to 527K by August of 2020, when he gave it to me. It's simple and I love it. Got a...
  11. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Diesel is now on par with gas in Victoria BC at around $2 per liter. Apparently some tax went up... 🙄 It's gone up 35 cents since the start of summer.
  12. S

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

I have a 2003 ALH Jetta Wagon. Just over 689K km. I'm into my third year of ownership, got it at 523K. Been a pretty great vehicle. Still original engine and transmission. My buddy who I got from had done the clutch at some point. I also have a spare engine for it.
  13. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$1.729/L outside of Victoria BC. Went up a bit, was 165.9 back in June, but gas is about 20 cents more, so I'm not complaining. 😉
  14. S

How to video: On car VE injection pump seal replacement video

Well I just looked at DBWs article... I mean yes lots of pics, but 118 pages. 😳😳😳 I doubt that even with good pics, my E30 procedure would have topped 30 pages. I think I might just stick with the pros on that job.
  15. S

How to video: On car VE injection pump seal replacement video

I just did this yesterday following your video series. 100% fantastic and accurate. After watching a few different ones, this one seemed the most straight forward. Also, pretty much covers doing all the seals at once except the center plug - totally worth doing you're already in there. Felt...
  16. S

Swapping engine from AT ALH to a MT and Kerma 165 kit question car

Thanks for all the input! Greatly appreciated. I'll definitely check out Xman!
  17. S

Swapping engine from AT ALH to a MT and Kerma 165 kit question car

Hi everyone... Got some general questions. I have a spare ALH TDI engine, but it was pulled from an automatic transmission car with about 250K km. Mine is manual. Right now, my current engine is running solid at nearly 700K km. Just wanna be ahead of the game when I do swap. From some reading...
  18. S

A/C Delete

I just added one of these to my car as well. No issues with hoses, but the alignment of the belt is important. If it's not right, it rubs somewhere and something "eats" one side of the belt. I've found too that when under power, it's "squeaky" but will quiet down at idle. The belt itself isn't...
  19. S

Drivers door not locking

Hei guys and gals, So I was having problems with my drivers side window controls and fuel door. The drivers window control was actuating the fuel door release. So I had a spare harness for the door and went through the arduous process of replacing said harness and also the door latch module...
  20. S

Need a manual tranmission for my spare ALH engine - 6 speed possible?

Hi guys and gals! I have a spare ALH engine for my 2003 TDI Wagon. The engine had come from an automatic and has around 250K km. I'm starting to look around for a preferably comparable mileage manual transmission ao I'm ready for the day I need to do the swap. Since I'm going to have to mate...