Search results

1. D

Which would you chose? TDI enthusiast!

This is because I know I get aggravated in 5:00 traffic rowing gears in Lubbock Texas much less downtown Houston but your right most of it is due to traffic itself. My only other small complain is most of my friends are tall as myself and its impossible to sit in the back seats and be...
  2. D

alright... Its just getting to be an older car.... how many miles or how many more years you recommend I keep it? would you mod it anymore? like a turbo/injectors/clutch? Runs alright with just a tuner but kinda dies off on the high end.... keeping it will save me a large amount of money and...
  3. D

Here is what I have it boiled down to. I am an engineer moving to work in downtown Houston. I plan on eventually purchasing a dodge 2500 Laramie longhorn or f250 king ranch. Now that said, what I purchase as my DD is going to greatly affect when I can make this happen financially. I have decided...
  4. D

New Passat or Jetta best for MODS?

a link for the schematic of the AWIC on the passat.... http://forums.subdriven.com/showthread.php?5343118-2012-Passat-TDI-Air-to-Water-Intercooler
  5. D

also is anyone making any bolt on turbos for these cars yet? or any serious performance parts for that matter?
  6. D

I am really looking just to push it to the reliable limit of the DSG transmission which I deduced from reading many threads to be around 230-250hp. In reality that all I will probably want out of a car. My truck will be for the 600hp+....Anyone else have anymore opinions? Also what are some good...
  7. D

hmmm will the AWIC handle mods better? I guess it depends on the robustness of the AWIC compared to the FMIC on these vehicles. I know the AWIC do pretty well on the 6.7 powerstroke
  8. D

I was going to purchase a 335d but after bmw decided to drop the axe on production I am now convinced I want a new passat or jetta. I will be purchasing in the next month or two. Besides size and the UREA what are the other differences? I ask because my dealer has a 5K$ price difference between...
  9. D

HELP chose next car to MOD!

nice... well you have thoroughly convinced me its the car for me so over thanksgiving break I believe I am going to go to dallas fort worth area to find one to test drive and possibly buy as early as then. :cool:
  10. D

04-06 Auto's Hold How Much Power?

what you guys think about something like this? Do the 10's have the soft touch interior? http://www.genemesservw.com/details/Used+2010+Volkswagen+Jetta%20Sedan+4DR%20DSG%20TDI+3VWAL7AJ6AM056385+Lubbock
  11. D

Thanks, are all 04-06 the DSG transmissions? and may I ask why you have a current-base-emitter transistor as your avatar? How do the new CR transmissions hold up?
  12. D

I may go with a CR but didn't they stop putting the soft touch dash in the 2.0 jetta's? The VW dealer told me the other day they are going to bring that back to the jetta soon.
  13. D

^# Renntech makes a tune that takes it from 265 to 346!!! wow
  14. D

I am looking at purchasing a 04-06 automatic if I can't find me a BMW 355d remotely close to me. I have some money to spend on it but want it to be a reliable DD. What can these automatics take? I am specifically looking at the 04 ALH or 06 BRM and lastly a 05 Passat. Also tell me what you...
  15. D

2005 Passat GLS TDI 113k (Baltimore, MD)

I am in the market. Is this the 170hp variant or 140hp? and you said free 1,000 mile transport?
  16. D

wow thanks for the right up! if only this forum had the thanks button. Yeah I really want something powerful and fun to drive. That kinda stinks you can't rotate tires as it seems that means you would have to purchase new tires notably more often, does it have a timing belt or chain? Also do you...
  17. D

Man, I can't seem to find one with 300 miles of me to test drive :-/
  18. D

^tothemax thats some of the type of advice I am looking for. Thanks! Does anyone in the US make tunes for the 335d? I am really hoping they release the triple turbo bmw in the US. The only other car I really like the new ford shelby mustang but between the cost of insurance and the price of...
  19. D

yeah but that not the only thing I'm weighing......I am an engineer so I assign qualitatively weighted values i.e. Price per performance. I mean I could go get a 335d for 30-40k or could i get a 04-06vw for 10-15k with 5-7k in mods. I recognize that the 335d will be more expensive to maintain...