Search results

1. T

PD150 setup for my BEW has arrived!

I finally ordered up a PD150 intake/GT1749VB setup from Europe. I am stoked to get this installed :D. After reading post upon post and thread upon thread, I need to clarify some things about the supporting mods from those who have already been there... I am contemplating a mild setup with stock...
  2. T

WTB: VNT17 GT1749VB for BEW

Anybody have a spare VNT17 in good shape? Not looking to spend $800+ on a turbo right now...
  3. T

Need help with flange seal removal...

I'm in the middle (literally) of replacing an output shaft flange seal and cannot, for the life of me, get the seal out. Prying in the usual way simply bent the narrow, metal lip that I am prying against. The seal is not wide (thick) enough to screw a sheet metal screw into. So can anybody out...
  4. T

BEW camshaft wear

I'm nearly positive my camshaft needs to be replaced. The car is an '05 with 137K on the clock. It makes a lot of lifter noise when its cold and lacks power. I removed the valve cover to inspect the cam and was happy when I didn't see any copper streaks on the lobes. Closer examination revealed...
  5. T

BEW Turbo Upgrade

Hi; I'm new to this forum and TDI's in general. I have posted some things over on the mytrubodiesel.com site, but they tend to be more stock oriented and it seems to me that more people over here have significant experience with modifications. I need to replace the turbo on my 05 Jetta (BEW.) I...