Search results

1. D

Share Your Opinion - 2013 Jetta TDI

That's 47 miles per gallon. Sweet! Are you sporting a 6 speed trans or an auto?
  2. D

You're gonna make me do math! lol Thanks Brother!
  3. D

Thanks for the info. Engine looks as clean as the day it rolled off the assembly line! What kind of MPG are you getting on your every day drive?
  4. D

Good to know. Thanks! What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?
  5. D

I found a 2013 Jetta TDI with 117,000 miles. It's in very good shape, 6 speed xmssion and has had the diesel-gate update. It has not however, had the timing belt replaced. I drive 40+ miles one way to work and loved the power, fuel economy, and reliability of my 2004 BEW. I'm very mechanically...
  6. D

Looking at a 2013 Jetta TDI

What mila The problem that DOES exist is a 34 mpg TDI. I am sometimes forced to spend $1.00 more per gallon on diesel. Gas burners get 34 mpg these days. Like most people who drive TDIs, I want the reliability, power at altitude, and fuel savings. I can save $2000 in a year's time or less with...
  7. D

Vibration @ 2300 to 2500 RPM

Guys, what tire pressure do you run in your '04 Jetta? Just curious...
  8. D

Just got it back today. They said it was a vibration underneath the dash. According to the Dealer, it was nothing they did during the recall. All I know is that it didn't do it when I took it in, and it did when I got it back. Runs fine now, and no vibration, FINALLY! I was convinced it was the...
  9. D

I will check that for sure Fraggy! Thanks for the info...
  10. D

I will let you know 04SlvrJetta. I mentioned it to them again today, that it's probably the EGR tube installation... Hopefully they will listen. Yes, my Jetta is a manual. I drive up and down a mountain, (about 2600 feet verticle, and 106 miles round trip) each day to work, and have been very...
  11. D

NEW 28F6/T9 Glow plug recall for 04-05 TDI

Nightmare! Okay guys (and girls). Here's my experience. About a month ago, I took the '04 Jetta TDI BEW in for a myriad of recalls including the "28F6/T9 Glow plug recall". There was also a recall on the EGR Cooler which was replaced. After the first trip to the Dealer I noticed a huge power...
  12. D

I guess the full name is the "28F6/T9 Glow plug recall for 04-05 TDI". This particular one was to improve cold starting in winter. Along with the glow plugs they re programed the ECU. In the end, they set the ECU back to it's original settings, and the car runs like before, with the exception of...
  13. D

Took the '04 Jetta BEW in for a myriad of recalls, including the T9 update. Among other problems (loss of power) it returned with a rumbling noise, with an accompanying vibration at about 2300 to 2500 RPM only during acceleration. It's quite loud. (While on my cell phone, the wife thought I was...