Search results

1. M

VagCom Ann Arbor area

Hiya John! A lot of the time the airbag connections under the passenger seat get nasty and trigger the light. I'm assuming this is in your A4 and my experience is more with my A5 but I'm willing to bet they are similar with similar problems. I had to remove the front passenger seat to get at the...
  2. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 5th, 2019

I'm 99% sure there will be someone there that can help in checking your timing via VCDS. I'd volunteer but I'm not sure I'll have a laptop by then. Just in case you don't know, the timing may not be the whole story on your smoking with many other contributing factors to be considered too. At the...
  3. M

OK now I see I've got to up my game in the cigar department... off to Nolan's :D
  4. M

I love the smell of Diesel and cigars in the morning... I'll be bringing some too.
  5. M

Hmmm... a little earlier this year eh? Less chance for sn** I guess. AFAIK, we'll be there, looking forward to it! Thanks Kirk!
  6. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 27, 2018

As far as I'm concerned, the focal point of these GTGs has always been the people regardless of their fuel type used to get there. :p If VW in their infinite wisdom had offered the U.S. a TDI Tiggy, I would've been right at the front of the line to get one but alas, it is not to be and I wanted...
  7. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 27, 2018

I would also like to offer my services in this manner. Besides, I'm getting too damn old for the "Bellypanman" gig. :p
  8. M

11th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2018 - January 20 (aka WINTERFEST)

Nah, we've run into a bit of a snow drought but there's still a long way to go. :rolleyes:
  9. M

Cam Follower Rape

"Fifty shades of quality fade" :D love it Frank!
  10. M

11th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2018 - January 20 (aka WINTERFEST)

As an employee of MDOT for near 30 years (which I'm kinda embarrassed to admit) tell me about it! Without decent roads everything at NAIAS becomes moot and after all the lipservice from politicians, who control the purse strings, is over, they still don't take the problem seriously and punt it...
  11. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 2017

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=148&y=131&site=grr&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=148&map_y=131#.WeHqAflSzIU from NWS G.R. be sure to wear your rubbers! Cedar-tucky may get soggy :p
  12. M

Ahhhh... the early morning wake-up b4 a GTG :eek: Yes Robert I still remember fondly the "old days" of the epicenter, we've come a long way since the bad old days of "stealership" cluelessness and having only ourselves and these forums for guidance in working on these quirky vehicles... tearing...
  13. M

Hey Kirk, am I correct in assuming the wheel guy will not be able to do anything as intense as welding on wheels? Another look at the offending wheel has revealed the previous weld repair is cracked right thru the weld. :eek: :(
  14. M

Say Kirk, is there any new word on the wheel guy?
  15. M

Help needed outside Davenport Ia.

To square this off, after getting his cell# from the VCDS list over at the Vortex and cold calling him yesterday afternoon, nephew took the car over to Charles at CR Performance and he was nice enough to diagnose and correct a problem with the #3 injector needle lift sensor on a holiday no less...
  16. M

Looks like he's going to try to hook up with CR Performance in Peoria Ill. Any feedback from the collective on this outfit? They are a Malone tune dealer I found on the Vortex via their VCDS locator map.
  17. M

As the title says, my nephew is having issues with his '01 TDI Beetle outside Davenport Iowa in a rest area on the I-80. Seems to be fuel related but now he has started throwing parts at it and trying to diagnose from four states away is nigh impossible. Any help out there in TDI-land?
  18. M

Hey Kirk, what's up with the rim refinisher? Do you know just what will be able to be done? I've got a rim for the winter tires that I had a crack and bend worked on but it still seeps air. Can he/she do anything for it at the GTG? Does he/she need the tire off too? Sooo many questions...
  19. M

Huh! Wha? I'm here, I could say I'm just waiting to build up the suspense but more like I didn't know y'all cared... I/we'll see you there and no, the snow isn't flying up here yet 251 but it's close... :eek: