Search results

1. Whitbread

WPI 2018 Black Friday/cyber monday deal

Hello folks, a few suggested I make a post so here it is. Coupons are BFATM, BF2018A, BF2018B and will be active Friday at 12:01am until Monday 11:59pm. . Sale includes clutch kits, LSD's, and all kinds of other goodies. Happy Thanksgiving!
  2. Whitbread

Matt Whitbread disappeared

There's quite a bit of misinformation floating around here. I have not disappeared nor am I hiding. I simply have gotten busy in the shop and now have a family, so I choose to spend as much free time with them possible and work mostly normal business hours. Reading around on forums isn't a top...
  3. Whitbread

HELP! Rover 300 pump onto an AHU. HELP!

I've had my hands on 6 now and they are all 180 off for us as configured from the Rover. The 2 attached pictures show that it has to be this way. They are using the same port we use for #4 as #1. So the rover pump is still timed to cyl #1 on the rover engine, but our lines make it 180 degrees...
  4. alh_pump

alh_pump

5. 300tdi_pump

300tdi_pump

6. Whitbread

HELP! Rover 300 pump onto an AHU. HELP!

You have a whole host of issues going on here. First, the rover pumps are 180 degrees off for cyl 1 timing. Here's what I do; pull the plug on the nose of the pump that will let you insert a locking bolt. Roll the pump 180 clockwise from the stock LR timing pin position, and when you come up to...
  7. Whitbread

brakes building pressure after manual trans swap

Regardless of preferred method, the oem lines are a giant PITA to install. The flex lines take no joke under a minute to install with no unbolting of anything and no french uttered. I'll never mess with a rigid line again.
  8. Whitbread

Northern MI June GTG

As long as you bring most all of the needed tools and your own fluids, I don't have a problem if you want to do a tbelt. I'm sure there will be more than enough handy people in attendance to lend an eye if needed.
  9. Whitbread

brakes building pressure after manual trans swap

This is exactly why I sell and use braided clutch lines for manual swaps in b5.5 platforms. To install and route them, the master doesn't need to be removed saving lots of possibilities for additional complications as you're experiencing. It's literally a 30 second job. I'm in agreement...
  10. Whitbread

Clutch options for BHW. 2005 passat tdi

I'm sorry for the hassle Andrew, when dealing with outside vendors that are beyond my direct control (SBC and UPS in this case), crap occasionally happens and we're stuck in the middle :mad:. I'm just happy to hear it finally made it to you!
  11. Whitbread

Crazy Diff Play

I've rebuilt at least 6 or 8 transmissions with blown diff bearings. It's more common than you would think. If the play gets too bad, it will take out the ring and pinion as well from the mesh being so far off. At that point, a rebuild is not cost effective.
  12. Whitbread

Anyone running water/meth injection

While not a passat, I'm a dealer for Aquamist and put a system on my 335D. This dyno was with 700CC of 50/50 w/m, just added another nozzle for about 1100cc total, I can feel there's a definite power increase with the additional nozzle. W/m on vs off
  13. Whitbread

Does the AHU have lower valve spring seats?

It's not so much the dual springs require them, the spring seats simply keep any spring from wearing into the aluminum head over time. Every virgin head I've pulled apart to memory has them, they're usually covered in oil and stuck in the bottom of the spring pockets. If someone was missing...
  14. Whitbread

Audi A4 3.0 TDI Turbo upgrade options

Yeahhh, 840F-900F at wot is way cold even for post turbo Temps. My 335d hits 1200F post turbo at the end of a 1/4 mile run with 700cc of water meth spraying. Before anyone says that's the wrong place, that's where the factory stuck it, no preturbo oem sensor for whatever reason. Car is...
  15. Whitbread

CP3 on a '14 done and running

Bah, you got me on the typo, I meant cr190. The hole round vs square exhaust port thing.
  16. Whitbread

Help with buying the right clutch

Back in the day, my vr6/g60 slipped with a tune, nozzles, and a lift pump. Since then I don't recommend them for anything but an absolute bone stock car that will stay that way. They're too unreliable in regards to holding power. Some get one that holds up to almost 200hp, others get one like...
  17. Whitbread

ALH/BRM Sprocket Removal/Install

Fixed it for you ;).
  18. Whitbread

I'm in total agreement with ATR here also, the cp3's are basically indestructible. You have to be pretty talented to damage one. However, full tanks of water are still not recommended. Put on a cr170 turbo with the cp3 and a good tune and you'll be in for a very fun ride :cool:.
  19. Whitbread

150 hp with stock clutch (temporary)

On a motor at operating temp, drop the iq down to 2.5-3. Will make a good difference. Make sure adaptation value is at 32786 when you tap the QA over.
  20. Whitbread

As ATR said, the main benefit is your high pressure fuel pump not exploding, stranding you somewhere, and sending shrapnel through your entire fuel system requiring cubic dollars to fix. While the new passat's don't seem to have the failure rate (yet?) of hpfp's that cbea's do, by no means are...