Search results

1. Claudio

05 Mountaineer high fuel consumption...suggestions?

left side is the driver side correct?
  2. Claudio

so the codes are C1155 and C1155-E0 left font wheel speed sensor. i read there are some TSB out for water enering the harness connection...i think it might be my case because when it rains or is cold, i have the error more often than when it is above 40F
  3. Claudio

thanks, too bad you are far away. When i asked who was doing it for free, i was referring to some big chain store like autozone or similar. I will take it to a mechanic and see what they say :) thanks C.
  4. Claudio

i went also to Autozone and they also had a generic one...there is any place that will do it for free/nominal fee, or i will have to give up and take it to a mechanic? thanks for the help!
  5. Claudio

i have a generic one
  6. Claudio

I checked today and I have no DTC codes stored (check engine light is off, I have steady ABS light on, Traction control is disabled, AWD light blinking)
  7. Claudio

no problem, thanks for trying to help :)
  8. Claudio

the bearing was related to the ABS error i am having, not the mileage. I tried to use E-85 (which is $1.75 Vs $2.20 here) and i obvoisly got 12-13mpg
  9. Claudio

i do not hear any noise from the bearing, could be a bad sensor on one of the wheel? Also, i don't know if it can help troubleshooting, but the ABS-Check AVTRACK alarm seems more frequent when is cold (less than 40 degrees) or when it rains
  10. Claudio

how much would it cost to replace the bearings?
  11. Claudio

thanks...i guess i will have to take it to the mechanic
  12. Claudio

Since we are here...i am having sporadic ABS light coming on, as well as disabling the AWD feature because of it...most of the time if i stop and turn off and on the car, the alarm goes away and everything works fine... it must be a ABS sensor, but from what i read i still cannot understand if...
  13. Claudio

thanks! I just checked and i did around 13mpg, 80% highway but at 75-80 speed...
  14. Claudio

shouldn't i be able to see this by the coolant dial inside the car, on the dashboard?
  15. Claudio

no regular gas (with 10% ethanol), and it was in the 40s yesterday
  16. Claudio

I purchased a used 05 Mountaineer with 104K miles on it. It is a 4.0 Flex fuel with AWD. It seems i cannot get better than 13-14mpg hwy, when it should be around 20. Air filter is new, just had an oil change with full synthetic. Just had a full tire alignement. Tire pressure is ok. Any...
  17. Claudio

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

i'm currently looking at a 2008 Touareg 2 with 170K miles, they ask 6800 i am trying to get it for lower
  18. Claudio

A3 TDI Buyback Fail

I believe it would be a lot more clear if OP would provide data for his car: model, options, mileage at turn it, etc. we can run some numbers and see where the discrepancy is...