Search results

1. P

Does the dealer have to provide a loaner?

Interesting. I've never looked at the 2015 disclosure since both my TDIs are 2014s.
  2. P

I had an Enterprise loaner for 207 days during the summer of 2022 when they couldn't get a DPF. Ironically, it was a Tiguan. Put over 7K miles on it. No issues whatsoever. Back in November of last year, I had an Enterprise loaner for 10 days while the dealer ordered parts for a leaking rear...
  3. P

https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/pdf/VWCourtSettlement_Emissions_Disclosure_Gen1_Automatic_Final.pdf Page 9. That said - my current dealer has a small loaner pool and will no longer will pay Enterprise directly for the rental. I have to pay for it myself and submit a claim to VWoA and get a...
  4. P

DPF Availability

They have changed the buyback eligibility now and seem to finally have gotten smart. If the repair costs exceeds $10K they will buy it back. In my case the repair bills totaled close to $12K and another $9K in rentals. The repair of the N280 solenoid has cured mine and it runs great now.
  5. P

DPF Availability

Heat works. AC works. Oh - and VWoA told me to pound sand on the CPO extension and/or the buyback. So so so disappointed. 7 months back and forth with them and a complete and utter waste of time. I've had 6 VWs....there won't be a 7th.
  6. P

Holly - find another dealer.
  7. P

DPF Availability

Update....I think (??) we may have probably made some progress to get the vehicle fixed. The 3rd dealer to work on it determined that the N280 solenoid was defective which was causing the AC/HEAT to shut down to avoid freezing or locking up. How they determined it and the first two dealers...
  8. P

Spoke with the service director at the dealer where my Passat was repaired (the 3rd dealer to attempt to fix it now). Sounds like it's coming (or has quietly already been initiated) on the VW side, as well.
  9. P

Pretty sure the settlement that VWoA agreed to mandates that if the vehicle is out of service for more than 3 hours, then they are obligated to put you in alternate transportation.
  10. P

Yep. The new dealership may have found the issue too. Too bad the first 2 VW stores couldn't fix it. Fingers crossed.
  11. P

Don't get me started. The repair bill was another $8K, and as I type this, the car is back in the shop (albeit another VW dealer as VWoA is now involved). They should have bought the thing back.....would have saved them money in the long run.
  12. P

What tires are you guys running?

Continental PureContact on mine...but only because VW replaced them after the car sat for 206 days waiting for parts and they were flatspotted from not moving. They seem fine so far.
  13. P

If it's a diesel warranty covered issue, and the vehicle is down for more than 3 hours, then VW is obligated to give you something to drive. Most VW dealers won't put you in one of their loaners for an extended period; they will set you up with Enterprise. I speak from experience on this issue...
  14. P

DPF Availability

I've still got 2 years and 30K miles of Dieselgate warranty. And one of the things on the table is for VWoA to extend my CPO coverage by the number of days that the vehicle sat while waiting for parts (246). Daughter going off to college in the Fall and won't need a car her freshman year...
  15. P

DPF Availability

FWIW I spoke to the service director at the dealership that it's headed to a couple hours ago. He called me. Very polite and professional. Also said that they are the unofficial "dealer of last resort" here in Atlanta when other dealers can't get things fixed, that this is not their first...
  16. P

DPF Availability

Update - the dealer asked me to come get it which I did. VWoA has made arrangements for it to go to yet another dealer here in Atlanta and it's going in tomorrow. They say there is nothing wrong with it; it has no heat. It's comical at this point.....
  17. P

DPF Availability

Update. It’s been at the dealer since the 20th. A VTA ticket is open on it, and we wait…… VWoA is indicating more and more that it’s going to get bought back.
  18. P

Going on 16 months in shop

PeterC - glad you got yours back and is in good working order. I wish I could say the same. The turbo/DPF issue is resolved, however I now have a mountain of other issues. The door lock controller, BCM, window switches and regulator in the drivers door have all failed since I got the car back...
  19. P

DPF Availability

I haven't updated in a bit, but the heat worked for 2 days and then quit again. Went back to the original dealer that's been doing all the work - they kept it a week, and said it's operating as designed. Engaged with my contact at VWoA who made arrangements for me to take it to another...
  20. P

DPF Availability

Well...she came home last night. Right now the heat works, the AC works, it's not regening every 2 seconds, and the doors and locks don't seem to be possessed by gremlins. 246 days later. Now I wait to see what's the next step with the buyback and/or if they are going to extend the CPO.