Search results

1. S

What did you do to your car today?

Those blue and yellow plates are pretty neat too. Too bad there weren't enough orders to make those too, but I guess that makes yours more exclusive. :D
  2. S

I got my 1960's plates in the mail this week, but the white lettering on my TDIclub frame just didn't work so I had to fix that. After one coat. Two coats and an hour later. Installed and sitting with the rest of the family.
  3. S

Tired of 12v outlet going off with key......

Your local dealer should have repair wires for this purpose. They'll have the proper sized terminal to fit into the fuse box. You can also order the terminals themselves online, but it can be difficult to find the right size.
  4. S

GasPods

If the test is invalid the results are invalid too. I can turn data into any result I want. For example, I could use data about police movements and crime to show that police cause crime. If we could only talk about the results of my work and not my methodology there would be no way to talk...
  5. S

GasPods

I have to admit to being a little stumped here. I don't understand the distinction you're drawing. They're making claims about how the product is performing. Either it performs to those claims or it doesn't, and my issue is that they haven't shown it performing to those claims yet. I applaud...
  6. S

GasPods

The name she keeps mentioning is Bob Evans, who is one of AeroHance's founders. Hardly an unbiased source. Go back and read this post. She clearly is trying to imply that they are talking to automotive manufacturers. It's not OK to hint at something to support your position if you aren't...
  7. S

GasPods

If the individuals you point to won't give you permission to release their names to your customers, they aren't standing behind your product. They aren't lending you any credibility. In fact, it makes you lose credibility because once again you're giving us nothing but your word that things are...
  8. S

GasPods

Suzanne, You use a lot of words here, but you still don't say anything. You won't tell us who actually performed the CFD analysis, and what you say below doesn't actually tell us anything. Engineers put their name on their work, and they stand behind what they say. You won't give us any...
  9. S

GasPods

I don't disagree with you about how necessary real world testing is. However, you have to be clear about what that real world testing is showing. A test where the driver knows when the pods are and are not installed shows you nothing, since the driver can (and will, consciously or unconsciously)...
  10. S

GasPods

It might be valid, if you could convince me you had controlled for a lot of variables that so far have not been controlled for. At the least it would require accurate temperature and wind speed measurements for the area you're driving in, and a driver who is blind to the test happening or who...
  11. S

GasPods

Actually, I did get Susanne to admit to me how that analysis was done back on page 2. They used Star-CCM+ to do the analysis, and from everything I've been able to determine about CD-adapco while they definitely employ a lot of automotive engineers to help create and support their software, they...
  12. S

Finally got it back from the dealer today! Almost 3 weeks ago my dash lit up like a christmas tree. The dealer said a module was bad and the replacement would have to come from Germany. Today they finally got the new one installed and it turns out the squirrels had chewed on something, too...
  13. S

Aluminum TDIClub licence plate frame

Awesome! Just put in my order. I can't decide whether aluminum or black is better for the 2004 so I'll try out both. :)
  14. S

Is it kosher for me to post this thread to a couple other threads I'm already active in? I think more people would respond if they knew about this. :)
  15. S

I wish you would make this available as a permanent option. I want to rep tdiclub, but honestly the phrase "Yes, it's a diesel" has always felt a bit arrogant to me. I would totally rock one of these, though.
  16. S

GasPods

We're done here. You so completely misunderstand the purpose of wind tunnel testing that I don't know how to correct your misconceptions. You don't perform actual wind tunnel testing to measure how much gas will be saved, you perform the testing to make sure it matches the CFD models you've...
  17. S

Stopping Automatic Unlocking on 2014 Jetta

My 2012 came from the factory configured the way you want, and I had to use VCDS to configure it the way yours was delivered to you. So there should be a way, but at this point I don't remember how I changed it and I don't have that car anymore. :/
  18. S

GasPods

Susanne, I understand how tiring it must be to have to defend yourself on every forum you participate in, but you are making some extraordinary claims. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, but you aren't providing ordinary proof, let alone extraordinary. Engineers, especially if...
  19. S

GasPods

Can you give us specific models, not just some manufacturers? You ignored my question about the CFD analysis. Will you answer it?
  20. S

GasPods

Interesting idea. I have a couple questions about them I hope you can answer. It seems that most of your test cars see pretty mild improvement in economy. I can save that much just by changing my driving style and ensuring my tires are inflated. What are you doing to control for the fact that...