Search results

1. 0

Clutch replacement

I have a 2014 JSW 6-speed and after 140k miles discovered the center bearing on the dual mass flywheel had a gap and was vibrating. Upon inspection and questioning what route to take replaced clutch and flywheel with LUK kit. The mechanic I spoke with said it is very important that everything...
  2. 0

RCV (compressor control valve) quality survey: so many choices; differences?

Which one did you end up going with? I bought the $30 one last year, and it already is starting to fail, especially at high ambient temperatures. Thinking about taking the $70 polar plunge...
  3. 0

2014 JSW - One thing after another...

Thanks. It took forever to get the part. Had to temporarily bypass the powersteering power feed to an external 80 amp fuse. Looked rigged as all get out, but temporarily got my power steering back until the part arrived. Now I have the part installed and am back to almost normal.
  4. 0

I was more curious though in this forum why nobody would acknowledge the multifuse... Nobody gave any advice about it, and that ended up being the problem. It also didn't show up on any OBD scanners at the auto shops that were willing to check for me... Really does make me want to save up for...
  5. 0

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, yes I did have this mentioned in a couple of forums, reaching out for as many different possibilities as there could be. I am very careful about the work I do, so I was really stumped about the issues I was having. It gets hard to think straight when...
  6. 0

Dealer says it's fine to drive while waiting for DPF

I had to drive mine the whole time. Got a couple breaks when it needed a new EGR, got a loaner, than later threw a code for intake manifold, got a loaner, and then drove for about a month until I got the call that the dpf was there. I recommend calling VW America and opening a case. That...
  7. 0

Believe me, I have sent out about 15 direct messages and 5 emails. I am quite exhausted trying, and am not ready to spend $150-$300 on a tool. I'm in south florida and perhaps the only reason no one is responding is because it's in English... who knows. To fully understand you have to spend a...
  8. 0

OBD isn't showing anything, I need vcds, but can't afford. There is one guy on the location finder supposedly near to me that I emailed, but haven't received a response...
  9. 0

MkVI DIY/FAQ - Start here

Oh yeah, quite a bit. I'm really searching for answers here. Friend who helped me with clutch mentioned that he accidentally installed battery backwards and all kinds of crazy things happened. I was either in bathroom, or down the street at Advance auto parts. Don't know if that would have...
  10. 0

What about the multi fuse plate? Has anyone ever had to change one before, and if so, for what reason? Saw a youtube video of a guy needing to change one when his power steering wasn't working. I wonder if that might be something...
  11. 0

Haha, 1- I have OBD but doesn't read abs/wheel sensors. 2- considering getting one, but on a time constraint (currently waiting to hear back from someone who has one) 3- I definitely don't play those backdoor shenanigans... Did decide to pull wheels and inspect all wheel sensors. Front right...
  12. 0

If it was a wheel speed sensor, wouldn't my ABS light come on too? Right now it isn't...
  13. 0

I do not have VCDS, but I did have one wheel off for an extended period of time, maybe I could start there. Saw a video about a guy replacing the multifuse... Any thoughts on that? I did have a blown 30A fuse, hoping that would fix the unfortunate chain of events... but no...
  14. 0

Hello and Please help power steering gone after battery change

Hey Frank, when you say left side, is that the driver side (American)? Would that possibly include the 2014 Sportwagen TDi? Just changed clutch/flywheel, and now have "RED STEERING WHEEL" fault but also ECS and TPMS. None will clear.... Would like to get your thoughts. Someone also mentioned...
  15. 0

Changing clutch/flywheel in 6-speed transmission (2009 Jetta Sportwagen)

There is an excellent youtube video, very detailed, about 2 hours long that helped me tremendously. It was a euro model VW/Seat van, but the tdi configuration was identical to my 2014 JSW. Got me over one gian hurdle, but now need to figure out the next. Here is the link, I think...
  16. 0

Stuttering acceleration, noise, and engine vibration

I had bad vibration and shuttering from time to time too. After getting most of my emission stuff replaced under waranty, still ran pretty rough. Started to hear a little noise in the clutch maneuvering, and decided it was time for a clutch replacement. Upon inspection found a very tired...
  17. 0

2014 JSW - One thing after another...but fixing them... Love seeing that I am not alone with little VW setbacks. I have been doing most of the work on my VW myself, but this last job I did gave me a run for my money (literally)... After a new flywheel, clutch install, I put everything back in...
  18. 0

MkVI DIY/FAQ - Start here

Hey y'all. I just recently replaced clutch and flywheel. 2014 JSW TDi, 6-speed. Had battery out for a couple of days. Putting everything back together, my electronics is acting up (tpms flashing, tcs fault displaying, and worst of all, power steering indicator staying red.) Anyone have this...