Search results

1. D

2004 Jetta TDI - Low Boost and Rack and Pinion issue - Looking for some help

TDIDieselBobNY - yes, I agree the repair seems to high. Thanks for comments and wanting to help!
  2. D

2004 Jetta rack and pinion rebuild kit

Thanks everyone for your feedback, looks like I’ll have to replace it
  3. D

I called the shop today and and they looked at the car on Friday 6/18 and don’t remember which seal is bad. wondering if someone knows if seals can be replaced without removing the rack & pinion??????
  4. D

Windex - thanks for your feedback!
  5. D

the rack and pinion in my 2004 Jetta SW has a seal leak. Not sure which one but will call the garage who diagnosed it and ask which is bad. The rack & pinion was replaced in july 2019 at 217,529 miles and car now has 229,174. My question is can I replace the bad seal without removing the rack &...
  6. D

I have a newer VCDS from this year. Saturday,04,June,2022,11:26:23:39144 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator VCDS Version: 14.10.0.0 Data version: 20141022 Dealer/Shop Name: Claude's Car Care VIN: WVWSR61J84W159795 License Plate: Mileage: 361840km-224836mi Repair Order...
  7. D

Hello TDI Folks: Looking for some help for my daughter in Philly. I bought a 2004 Jetta Wagon TDI as my primary car, back in 2008 and did all the maintenance on the car. Fast forward to 2012 my daughter needed a car for an internship, I loaned her the car which turned into donating the car to...
  8. D

Biodiesel Prices & Locations By State/province

Looking for bio-diesel in Philadelphia. Would like a co-op if one is in the area.
  9. D

VCDS VAG-COM Locator

Hex-Can - rookie - Syracuse N.Y.
  10. D

diesel fuel smell

Oswego PD: Thanks for your ideas. I have found several threads on Tandem pump replacement and items to check. I also found a thread about a recall, so I will be be find out if my call will qualify for the recall.
  11. D

diesel fuel smell

jb05: the area is on the left side( drivers side). so it is called a tandem pump, I will need to do more research on this site. I looks like it might be the outer cover seal (I'm guessing) that is leaking. Do you know how I would attach a picture, I tried several time with no success.
  12. D

diesel fuel smell

I have a 2004 Jetta that has the BEW engine. I started smelling diesel and my research suggest that it might me the Injection Pump. I reviewed many post about the IP but the one’s I found seem to be for the earlier models. I have pictures of the area where the diesel is leaking from. I attempted...
  13. D

Biodiesel Prices & Locations By State/province

Syracuse N.Y. Tri Tank 115 Farrell Rd. - B20 - 3.28 9/10
  14. D

VAG-COM List

Any Veg-Com in Syracuse N.Y? I thought when I went to the veg-com list last year there was someone in Syracuse,NY with one. I'm in need of one but no one is listed in Central N.Y. on the list. I have a emission check light on. Jetta Wagon 04.