Search results

1. J

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Happy to report I succesfully replaced the seals on the injector pump. It was a bit nerve racking, especially when i realized the mark I made was only on the quantity adjuster and not the pump itself too, but after some fidgeting I was able to get it to run and dial it in. Of no course, no job...
  2. J

Injector pump is leaking pretty bad now. So, ordered the seals from dieseltech and ordered the vcds device form rosstech. Got a lot of reading and videos to watch the next few days.
  3. J

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

3.89, West Haven, CT
  4. J

New fuel filter with some diesel purge. Haven't got the P1248 in a few days. Hoping it doesn't come back. Also did the ol ventectomy thing to get a few more gallons in the tank.
  5. J

Got a P1248 code yesterday. Doesn't come on right away, just after driving for awhile. Unless I stop and start back up, in which case it only takes a few minutes to come back on. Something new to look in to.
  6. J

picked up new tensioner, idler pulley, and alternator pulley from FCP Euro. Started watching a video on replacing the alternator pulley and looked like more than I had time for so just swapped in the tensioner and new idler pulley and will do the alt pulley in a few weeks. Car is back together...
  7. J

My shifter/counter weight piece has the same amount of play in the video with the nut being nice and tight. Guess that's another item on the list I have to address.
  8. J

Hopped in the turd box to go get pizza. No power steering and battery light on. Plastic pieces in the driveway. Idler pulley split into two. Looking underneath, the tensioner looks old too. The tensioner pulley has some minor side to side play in it. So, that's now next on the list to replace...
  9. J

I wrapped up my RMS change this morning. Took it for a danger ride. Runs and drives great and no signs of leakage. Happy to not leave my mark everywhere I go now.
  10. J

Got the transmission, clutch, and fly wheel off. Found out the shop I paid to replace the RMS and clutch put rtv around the entire back side of the seal housing. Looks like its leaking because of it which is somehow more annoying then the seal leaking. So far I am redoing about 90% of the work I...
  11. J

I stopped by FCP Euro to pick up my parts for the rear main seal change. Love stopping in and seeing what they got on the lifts in the shop. Some cool race vehicles in their this week. Brought it home, got it in the garage on the ramps, and started tearing apart everything on the trans. Hoping...
  12. J

Damn, that would have been a smart work around. Kind of glad I bought the tool from autozone though as it was pretty tough to get it to start turning.
  13. J

Went to do rotors and pads all around. Found out I needed a piston winding tool for the rear and didn't have a 7mm hex socket for the front so all I got to was the passenger rear before running out of time. Will wrap up the rest tomorrow. Did a pretty intense search around the engine last week...
  14. J

Awesome, thanks for the info. Just ordered one. Will have my heated seats up and ready to go just in time for summer...
  15. J

Put my new to me seats in. I ordered some used switches for the heat pads. I just need to figure out wiring harnesses. Looks like all the wiring harnesses you can buy on ebay are cut 1 foot after the plug so that will take some figuring out.
  16. J

Picked up two heated front seats. Driver side needs a small patch job but they're in much better shape than mine. Just need to grab a heated seat harness and buttons
  17. J

Resurfaced my headlights with the 3m kit. Been about two years since I did it last. Tried some clear coat this time to see how that effects it. I've atleast done it enough now I can get two headlights done in under 30 minutes which isnt bad.
  18. J

new side mirror glass. The old ones had a weird hazing thing going on around the outside of them. Much better now
  19. J

ALH Swap - '96 XJ

Awesome to hear. Would love to put one in my 4 cylinder TJ but the tub and frame rot keep halting me from committing to all that work for a jeep that's probably not gonna make it long term.