Search results

1. T

P0673 Code on my 2012 Jetta Sportwagen

Well, the #3 electrical fault code returned and he brought a new friend, the #1 electrical fault code! I started by cleaning the glow plug connectors with contact cleaner, then some CRC 2-26 spray. I erased the codes, but they came right back. Next, I did the same for the harness connector...
  2. T

UPDATE: I ordered a replacement glow plug connector for #3, but it did not yet arrive. So, this past weekend, in an effort to cover all my bases, I took some time to access both the connector behind the headlight and the glow plug relay. I cleaned all of those connections thoroughly as well...
  3. T

Great, thank you. I should be able to get to those areas with only some minor disassembly, so I'll take a look at those connections for anything obvious. I'm also curious if the P0673 code can indicate a problem with the glow plug circuit OR the pressure sensor circuit or if an issue with the...
  4. T

Thank you, Oilhammer. Much appreciated. I guess I should have realized that the glow plugs were ALL he pressure sensor type based on the size of the socket I needed to remove them, so that makes sense. I should have taken a closer look at them when I had them out. Anyway, I did take a look...
  5. T

Is anyone able to comment on my question in bold in the above post? How do determine if my Jetta is supposed to have that pressure-sensing glow plug in position #3?
  6. T

Sorry, to be clear, I switched the glow plug locations, not the wiring plug locations. I kept the plug connectors at the same place, but I rotated the glow plugs from #1 to #2, #2 to #3, etc. In other words, even with a different glow plug (one from a previously working location) in cyl #3...
  7. T

I'll take a closer look in the area of the oil filter, for sure. I would certainly be willing to go the route of harness replacement. I noticed that some of the plastic guards on the glow plug connectors were broken, which raises questions, for sure. I had actually searched to get an idea of...
  8. T

Thank you. Yes, I tried that as well. Sorry for not mentioning. The problem stays with #3. I'm wondering if there particular known weak spots in the harness I should focus on.
  9. T

Good afternoon, everyone. My 2012 Jetta Sportwagen is throwing a P0673 code: 001651 - Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit (Q12) P0673 - 000 - Electrical Fault Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 01100000 Fault Priority: 2...
  10. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

Final Report: I'm happy to report that in the case of mouse vs. JSW, the mouse has been found not guilty! After identifying the broken wire in the ABS sensor harness, I replaced the harness and everything returned to normal. The indicator lights acted as they should and after erasing the...
  11. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

Update: I believe I have identified the issue. I found a broken wire inside the strain relief boot where the ABS sensor harness plugs into the right front sensor. Unfortunately, the copper conductors are so badly corroded that I wasn't even able to make a temporary connection to verify that...
  12. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

Thank you everybody. I'm planning to switch back to my summer tires this weekend, so I'll have a good opportunity to check sensors and the wiring leading to them. If I come up empty there, I'll start going through ground connections and other plugs, etc. Funny you should say that Andy because...
  13. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

Sorry, I meant to say "not the kind of braking that should be calling for ABS".
  14. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

Thank you. I'll take a closer look at the sensors. I did have a similar issue with my Touareg at one point, but just involving the Stabilitrak and ABS indicators (no steering or airbag codes ). In that case, my reader pointed directly to a defective rear left ABS sensor. It literally threw a...
  15. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

Oh, I forgot one extremely important item on my list of "important notes that may be relevant" in my original post: Every once in a while, I get a slight sensation that the ABS is trying to kick in with normal braking on dry roads (not the kind of breaking that should not be calling for ABS)...
  16. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

I bought this from a reputable VW dealer as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 48K. I have it for 4 years and haven't had to do anything other than oil/filter changes and the battery replacement. I am getting the " 01325 No signal communication from tire pressure monitoring (J502) " code...
  17. T

JSW Dash Lighting Up!

Hello everyone! I’m having an issue with my 2012 JSW TDI (90k miles and yes, it does have the factory-certified diesel-gate recall fix). I’m new to the forum and I’ll start out by saying that I am a weekend warrior mechanic. I’m very comfortable doing brakes, exhaust, starters, alternators, fuel...
  18. T

TDI Club Newbie Needs Guidance

For what it is worth, my iCarsoft reader is vehicle specific for VW and Audi. It is not your typical "generic reader". You have to enter the specific model before it will do its thing. Given the price range of the Ross-Tech tool, I'm sure my reader doesn't have the same capabilities, but it...
  19. T

TDI Club Newbie Needs Guidance

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forum and I come seeking advice on my 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. The car is running fine, but I am getting a somewhat predictable series of warning lights and OBD codes (I have an iCarsoft reader). I figured before I started providing details, I would ask the...