Search results

1. R

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Got my check 6/15/17 for $350. buyback done in Dec 2016. Now I'm just waiting on the extended warranty refund - and that will (probably?) be the last of the TDI money tree.
  2. R

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

I called the VW claims phone number and gave them my claim number. Spoke to a woman who didn't seem too bright. I asked nicely for the tracking number and her response was "they didn't give you that?" and I said "no, I am calling to get it because no one has given me that." She was able to...
  3. R

Buyback Holdback and Loyalty Bonus

The $1000 loyalty was not in effect in October, but WAS in effect in November. I almost bought around Halloween and was glad I held off and got another $1000 off. I think it's been month to month since then.
  4. R

Update on my transaction for anyone else trying to figure out theirs and wanting timing information. Turned in Car 12/27/16 Called VW Claims hotline and got tracking number for check sent to bank FedEx package tracking shows sent on 1/9/17 and delivered on 1/11/17 Chase Auto Loan shows paid in...
  5. R

Wondering if your Chase loan has been paid off yet? I'm also with Chase. I turned my car in 12/27. I'm guessing this first wave is quite massive, and they haven't worked out all the kinks in streamlining the final steps. I'll be happy if I don't have to pay the January payment, but based on...
  6. R

Those stuck on #17 .. Please list dates

I turned in my 2013 JSW last night, don't recall what happened on step #17. However, I initiated my process around 10/15 and earliest appt I could get doing everything as fast as I could was 12/27. My car has an outstanding loan. My parents turned in their 2012 JSW earlier in the day. They...
  7. R

VWGoA – Online Claims

That is actually from the restitution portion. There is a flat amount of $2,986.73 plus 20% - so that's where the .73 comes from. Looks like VW is rounding to nearest whole dollar.
  8. R

VWGoA – Online Claims

THANK YOU. I guessed as much but I didn't see it spelled out anywhere.
  9. R

VWGoA – Online Claims

This is what I get on the byebyetdi.us calculator: 2013 Jetta SportWagon 4D TDI I4 as sold in NADA region PacificNW buyback amount: $24,317 Option: Navigation: $720 Option: Power Sunroof: $660 Miles adjustment: $630 TOTAL $26,327.00 (no mention of restitution but everything I read leads me to...
  10. R

Claims Site is LIVE

Hmmm. When I go to settlement calc sites the settlement I get a value for buyback of $26657. The claim site says $19450. Restitution was coming up $8318.13, now its $6,876.73. Not sure why the difference? Using all same info... thoughts?
  11. R

VW Will Pay 14.7 Billion to Settle Claims in U.S.

I was told by a woman at our local vw dealership (when I picked up my free $1,000) to take whatever is offered from VW in the beginning because her experience in going through the same thing with Toyota years ago was the first offer was the best offer and it would just be a one time thing, no...
  12. R

Happy Dance

The long awaited new TDI is in my driveway! WOOT! So happy with the decision to upgrade from 1998 Jetta TDI to 2013 Jetta SportWagen TDI w/ Sunroof & Nav! :D:D:D
  13. R

Oregon DEQ "EGR:UnReady"

And she passed DEQ today at 4pm! WHOOHOO!! Thanks Oldpoopie!
  14. R

The idea of selling my car is getting better and better each day.... only 5 days to pass DEQ before I'll have to get a trip permit..... ugh!
  15. R

again.... I'm the original owner and the car is stock, never been modified! .... (at least, no one had my permission to change the chips.... and they didn't get paid for it!) I'm probably the lamest tdiclub member when it comes to mods. All I've done is replace the rear seat with a 60/40 split.
  16. R

Nope, it's 100% stock..... same issue happened with new stock chips and with replacement computer, so we're thinking maybe EGR is actually dead..... or clogged.... we'll see.
  17. R

Well, I'm not sure what's going on. Oldpoopie tried to help me out and couldn't get the readiness to work.... so we'll see.... I think I'll be calling Fixumhaus soon.
  18. R

I tried at 10:30am in Clackamas, then drove around and hit Sherwood around noon. Same "problem" both times. My car is stock, no chips/alterations. Haven't had a CEL for ages. Haven't had a battery issue lately either. They told me that "UnReady" means its not talking to the car's computer...
  19. R

Anyone have any experience with this? I failed DEQ for "EGR:UnReady" The guy suggested I drive up and down the freeway for 40 minutes and "try again".... I have better things to do on a nice sunny day.... Anyone else had this?:confused:
  20. R

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Omg :eek: Was glad to see the price for diesel dropped from $5.09 to $4.89 over the past two days. I nearly choked when I saw it was $5.09. Now I can at least see straight when looking at the signs.....