Search results

1. R

Independent TDI service in Southern Cal

It appears you may be correct. It appears my dealer and the one represented here have a $100 difference in DSG service for example. If you are new here and looking for someone to service your TDI, there are some suggestions in this thread already that may suit you as well. Thanks.
  2. R

Yes, they do look about the same overall. Although, again you quoted $299.95 for DSG service (I'm assuming that's parts&labor). We were quoted "about another $400" at the time of our 40K service when they called and asked if we wanted DSG service added on. $100 difference seems like a lot...
  3. R

Thanks for responding. I don't think you violated any rules since we asked. Comparisons here are a bit hard, since my bill breaks down parts separately from labor. My bill does say "40 K service" on it. It specifies labor at $255. Oil was $45.95 Filter element $9.00 Another filter...
  4. R

MkV / MkVI Bluetooth FAQ (Updated 12/30/2010)

Yes, this is my understanding as well
  5. R

I thought there was only 2 radios, but maybe I'm wrong. There is the radio with nav, and the radio without nav.
  6. R

Thanks all for the suggestions!
  7. R

Yah, when I told the rep that I have heard of multiple people with a 9w7 installed on their cars without reports of bugs, she really didn't have a response. More just "well this is what we are providing" without other options.
  8. R

That's what I told the VW rep, who maintained there were bugs (Can't say I believe her).
  9. R

I was told by a customer service rep at VW that they didn't use the 9w7 because there are some compatibility "bugs" with our cars and the 9w7 module, and so they decided to use a new module for our situation.
  10. R

No such luck. Was told that their rates were comparable to others. But since I don't know of anyone to compare to, I don't know if that is true or not.
  11. R

I live out in the Inland Empire, so it may be a drive. But my understanding is that this upgrade is nearly plug and play for those with the navigation system, so I suspect about any dealer should be able to handle it.
  12. R

Yes, a few of us with Nav have had the upgradge. I think the fastest summary for the upgrade is this: People with nav = mostly happy with upgrade. People without nav = people who feel screwed by the upgrade. With the RNS-510 radio/navigation system, when you get the upgrade, several...
  13. R

I'm guessing neither of you have navigation? It seems like those with navigation do well, as the radio/nav unit allows more functions. If you don't have nav, most people seem to be more unhappy. And that's where it might make sense to just buy the 9w7 bluetooth module on your own to get full...
  14. R

I wouldn't say I'm opposed to a dealership. But our recent service experience wasn't exactly the best, and the costs were a bit high in my opinion ($400 for oil change, air filter and pollen filter changes). So I guess I'm just trying to explore my options you might say.
  15. R

Thanks for the link. Sounds like it might be worth the drive. It's probably about 30 miles or so from me. It doesn't seem like there are many choices is the inland empire...
  16. R

I don't have an answer for you. But you might want to start a separate thread for your question?
  17. R

I've been looking around for a good service company to maintain my 2010 JSW TDI in Southern California. Anyone have any suggestions, especially if it is in the Inland Empire?
  18. R

(Former) 9W2 owners rejoice! Class Action Settlement

I'm fine with the light being gone. I don't think I'll miss it.
  19. R

(Former) 9W2 owners rejoice! Class Action Settlement

Module installed in our car yesterday. We have the navigation system, so as chetstash said, I am now able to use the phone button on the radio to access the phonebook, dial numbers, etc. I also have the voice command functions to dial numbers by voice command. As mentioned earlier, the...
  20. R

I assume they want the phone to be sure they can pair it to the car, but that shouldn't take more than 5 minutes (unless it isn't pairing correctly).