Search results

1. J

BRM Intake Manifold Clogged with Gunk

Wow I've been trying to find a thread like this for months! Really enjoyed reading your investigtion and the results are clear as day from the photos. How much have your MPG figures improved since? Also I'm interested to know if the MFD on US VW cars uses US gallons in their MPG calculation...
  2. J

Mystery coolant leak at thermostat housing

Know this is an old thread but I've found it from googling the symptoms of my issue - Coolant leak after changing thermostat. So thought I'd add a reply. I bought a Meyle thermostat which is an OEM replacement part. The o-ring was included but I don't think it was genuine VAG, as I know the...
  3. J

Mk4 Golf 1.9 TDI PD 130 (ASZ) - Low MPG and high-end power

I'll get around to testing this at some point next week and post the results. Checked the torsion setting on the other PD130 in our household and it flickers between 0.0 and -0.5 - It definitely feels like it has more low down torque, whilst only minute it's still very noticeable during normal...
  4. J

Ok I've done some more research and found that Synchro angle = Torsion value. ..so I took this log after a 20 minute run when the car was up to temperature and then sat on the drive idling. The torsion value reading was flicking from 1.6 to 2.2 constantly, back and forth. As the reading is...
  5. J

Drove the car back from work last night then opened up VCDS on the drive at idle. Block 004 doesn't specify Torsion Value? See below, it's marked as Synchro angle....any ideas on this?
  6. J

So we did a boost leak test yesterday - No issues found. To test we simply put some bin liner over the air intake and clamped it with the spring clamp - Took the PCV hose off and injected the air from the inlet as can be seen in the picture below. Obviously this was only done with 5psi as to...
  7. J

Cheers flee - A leak was my main suspicion so that gives me some confidence! We're planning to do a boost leak test today if the rain stops so will post the results as soon as they're in
  8. J

Hey man thanks for the reply! We've checked this out already as have seen this issue mentioned alot! Can confirm the timing is correct. The symptoms are similar just not quite to the same magnitude as yours!
  9. J

Hi all, My first post here - Been reading lots of posts from here in my research and finally signed up, glad to be here! Quick bit of background - I'm now on my third Mk4 Golf PD130 in 7 years. The first one I picked up after selling my 1.8t GTi - Loved the Mk4 platform but wanted better fuel...