Search results

1. J

Boston Area Gel Issues

Two TDIs towed in with gelling issue today while my car was in for ny state inspection. I had been having rough cold starts with the car shaking so the dealer added antigel to the fuel.
  2. J

Anti-gel additive for diesel in NC?

Live on Long Island NY. Just had my 2012 Passat TDI in for inspection and mentioned the car shaking on cold start. They added an anti-gel to my fuel. While I was waiting two TDIs were towed in for fuel gel problem. It is a necessary precaution here.I wish I knew before.
  3. J

Is VW Claims holding up your car shopping?

I got the letter in the mail yesterday.
  4. J

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

A group of business leaders wants CARB to order VW to transition to electric vehicles as a solution.Politicians seem to be invested in or beholden to the electric vehicle industry. Only consumers don't see the benefit now.
  5. J

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

The true value of the older car is the owner has no payments,and a car that gives great mileage and should last for many years. A few thousand dollars from vw and being left with no ride is hardly a favor.
  6. J

There are government incentives to purchase hybrids as well as a free pass to use carpool lanes to beat traffic. Fuel efficient diesel autos have received no consideration.
  7. J

VW recalls Chattanooga-made Passat, other vehicles for clock spring failures

No fix but bring car in immediately if airbag light goes on.
  8. J

Passet models impacts by emission test recall

The recall covers 482,000 vehicles equipped with 4-cylinder diesel engines, including the VW Jetta, Beetle and Golf models sold during the 2009 to 2014 model-years, the Audi A3 sold during the same period, and the 2014-15 VW Passat.
  9. J

I was ready to pull the trigger on a TDI.....

The only scenario I see where the TDI doesn't make sense is if the car is only used for local shopping and never sees the highway. My Passat TDI has averaged 44 mpg vs 28 mpg on my old Jetta 1.8T. That's a 20 mile commute, 18 on the highway.
  10. J

23N5 software update thread to address turbo failures

I also noticed after the update my car with the DSG transmission had no lag on a cold start.
  11. J

Anyone else have a NOX sensor go bad?

I had to have the sensor replaced at 30,000 miles under warranty.
  12. J

Gas or Diesel? The question many are asking

The 1.8t should use premium and I would recommend synthetic oil change every 4,000 miles.
  13. J

Remote start control = No start

My experience also, CEL will prevent remote start.
  14. J

ECM Reflash for Fault P2201

My car is at vw service waiting for nox sensor and module to arrive. the car was driving fine,but had cel and I needed to pass inspection this month.
  15. J

RocketChip stage 1 CR 2012 Passat TDI tune review.

My adblue light went on in-between covered maintenance visits also. I guarantee the dealer didn't add any on your last visit. I would make sure they fill the adblue tank and not just add small amount to get rid of the warning light.
  16. J

VW USA Factory

The Passat TDI is still selling well- From the USA Today Most European brands reported strong August sales today, but Volkswagen -- the largest-volume European brand in the U.S. -- reported August sales down 1.6% from a year ago to 40,342. But the report wasn't without bright sports. Passat...
  17. J

Real World MPG with DSG

30 mile commute each way, lately with pretty light traffic. I am routinely getting 50-53 mpg.
  18. J

2013 SE TDI Cranks but won't start

I think the green indicator light above the DRL light indicates the brake pedal must be depressed to start the engine.