Search results

1. C

Just got stage 3 malone tune have ????

I have a question I have 1998 ahu tdi pp520 egr del street toys turbo mnnally boost gaudge downpipe high flow cat have had no egr and check engine light was on for long time..I just got a Malone tune stage 3 with delete option ..my check engine light is still on I drove aroung 100 miles and...
  2. C

EGR in NY state?

I have a question I have 1998 ahu tdi have had no egr ang check engine light was on just got a Malone tune stage 3 with delete option ..my check engine light is still on I drove aroung 100 miles and more than 4 starts..Do you need to reset check engine light to get to go off ??I do not have...
  3. C

ecu chip socket question ????

thanks mates opened ecu has sockets already ..anyone else reading this can do your self just pop old chips out put new ones in no soldering required...
  4. C

ecu chip socket question ????

Hey guys I have 1998 jetta tdi 5sp ahu .I just orderd a Malone tune stage 3 300.00 and i thought i could install chips myself but was told needs to have something soldered the first time and he said if i don't feel comfortably i could send out for 99.00 they will install and 25.00 to send back...
  5. C

1998 front wheel bearing?

Hey thanks do you use loctite on hub bolts?and torqe specs?
  6. C

1998 front wheel bearing?

i have noise in front which i have 98% sure wheel bearing. so i am gonna do both sides ...I needed rotars and pads anyway..so question is when you have noise people have told me to replace the hub also so i don,t where new bearings out early should i do both hubs or just the one i find wheel...
  7. C

shock /spring question?

thanks will call koni ...figured someone had to have asked about that before
  8. C

shock /spring question?

koni/spring question can you use lowered springs with koni reds,is the real question? I did not want to change my shocks just put neuspeed lowered springs in .
  9. C

shock /spring question?

hey i have a 1998 tdi 4 door sedan. can you use lowering springs with koni reds i see all kinds of post with srt great with spring setup but no one mentions reds?I have red and did not want to downgrade shocks. Next question is there a stock spring from a different car that will lower about 1 in...
  10. C

Koni STR.T Shocks

i have a3 with koni red in rear. am gonna get koni yellow's for front. question is i see shine spring's for 4cyl or 6 cyl not sure what is differant i do not want car to sit higher just improve handling?
  11. C

a3 rear left drum hot

thank's the e brake cable doe's not release all the way disconected cable at e brake lever,test drove did not get hot just warm to touch:) anyone have a write up or link for replaceing e brake lever on A3?
  12. C

a3 rear left drum hot

i have A3 noticed when got home to wash car steam came off driver side rear rim.touched drum burnt finger:eek: so i jacked up car took drum off top spring was broke the thicker one. bought replacement kit replaced all springs cleaned everything replaced wheelcylinder looked like small leak...
  13. C

Street Toys turbo mileages?

my super 17 has 10,000 miles still running strong.i am trying to hook up with jeff for chip.anyone running 17 with chip?
  14. C

turbo upgrade for A3?

i have the super 17,but like what scott did i also did,switched turbos at same time as downpipe no cat and 3in exhaust.so i felt power right away. i see alot has happen in few months. i live were i work so i do not drive as much as i like,but i do now have 3500 miles on my turbo.is anyone else...
  15. C

S/T WGT Super 17 Turbo: Who Has One?

hey, I cannot claim to KNOW anything. Each vendor had something a bit different to say about the differences between the GTS-2 and Super 17. turbos. KERMA's report could be mistaken; but S/T's report to KERMA and to me could be shaded to conceal trade secrets (I'm not casting a stone... I...
  16. C

i now have 400 miles it runs great ,although i never drove k04hydrid. my stock turbo was k03. i drove thru big hills 30 mile drive to test spooling and climbing,not that it is laggy but' over 2500rpm run's much better did not lose on hills at all nor did temp go over 1230degrees.I have mcnally...
  17. C

thanks scott,looks like pulls cooler air. been real busy working.now have 200 miles so i got on her a little last night.this dick in honda who cut of lady who was in front of me only to do 43mph came to red light turned green i was gone did not stop till hit 90mph again i do not have vag-com so...
  18. C

Not to jump around,but nice car stealth.my next mod is air intake. was gonna modify side hood scoop.what year mustang was airbox from?
  19. C

first g60 left you message on your phone,live in bloomfield cell phone does not get good singal at house. knot sure what you mean new customer?you mean with street toy's?He was very nice guy,he sent a bunch of copper nut's intake gasket and bolt's manifold gasket but was missing oil supply...
  20. C

hapy birthday to me,just installed super 17 yesterday after work already have nicks dp wgif .i only drove 10 miles last night on back roads,want to recheck all bolts.i did not drive it like stolen want to break in.I will say if that is how it is suppose to sound holy s _ _ t.sounds like a small...