Search results

1. C

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

UPDATE!! I just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for posting this. I just repaired my 2006 MKV Jetta door switch using these instructions. Mine was also a faulty micro switch so the Radio Shack $3 switch replacement did the trick. For anyone considering doing this for an MKV, the...
  2. C

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

Does anyone know if this same procedure applies to my MKV Jetta (2006). I think I have to remove the outer door skin to get access to the lock assembly. Can anyone confirm?
  3. C

G070726A2 is noticeable improvement

I too was skeptical that a different fluid would fix that awful noise. My dealer of course, refused to do it. I ended up doing it myself and haven't heard it since. Congrats on the noise riddance.
  4. C

JETTA FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH PROBLEM!!! HELP!!! Transmission

I was wondering if this issue is limited to the TDI Jetta. I have a 2.5L Jetta and for the past week or so, I've been having difficulty taking off in first gear. It seems like the car shudders, like it wants to stall no matter how smooth I try to be with the gas and clutch pedal. The...
  5. C

2005.5 Jetta Groning when Turning to the Left.

At first, my dealer said the noise was normal. Days later, when I showed them the TSB, they said they would not do it because my car is outside the VIN range in the TSB. They did offer to let me pay them $250 to apply the TSB. I did it myself. I hate my dealer. I hope I don't need any more...
  6. C

Yeah, this noise was much different. There is a technical bulletin about it. Look at post # 21 (page 2). I posted a PDF of it.
  7. C

Additional update for the benefit of anyone finding this thread in the future. It's been about a month since changing the fluid and the groaning noise appears to be fixed.
  8. C

Follow-up: I changed the transmission fluid on my car following the tech. bulletin and I'm glad to report that stupid noise is gone. I used to hear the noise daily. It's been 5 days and I've not heard it once. Yipee!
  9. C

Yeah. I really hate not knowing how much stuff is really in there. This is such a bonehead issue caused by VW. I find it hard to believe that the engineers would miss something like this. I hate wondering if the car may have been low from the factory. I may decide to go through the hassle...
  10. C

When my dealer refused to do the technical bulletin on my car, I asked them to just let me order the stuff and I'd do it myself. The parts person told me they don't stock transmission fluid. They also wanted to charge me $19 per quart for my "special order" fluid. I ended up ordering it...
  11. C

Dhdenney... I did this tonight. I measured the amount of tranny oil I drained and to my surprise, I only got about 1 quart out of the drain plug. To play it safe, I put back the same amount. I wonder if this is why the TSB says to remove that bearing pin. I didn't want to mess with that so...
  12. C

Here's what I got today from 1stvwparts.com... it's G070. http://picasaweb.google.com/carlos31820/VWTransmissionOil/photo#5198563246130156402
  13. C

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the help. Reverse light switch it is then. I wanted to ask you, did you only drain using the drain plug only? The TSB talks about removing the drain plug as well as one of the bearing pins in order to fully drain the transmission but I didn't want to mess...
  14. C

I wonder if I can drain what's in there, measure it, then jack up the front of the car way up to tilt the fill hole up and refill with a pre-measured amount. I really don't want to be messing with removing that silly reverse light switch. I hear that it's got threadlocker on it. I'll post...
  15. C

I read all about that on the vortex but at least for my car, it's not strut related. Usually, creaking or popping sounds while turning are the indication for strut issues. The noise I'm experiencing is literally a moaning sound.
  16. C

Yeah, I see what you're saying now - it does read like you just add the new stuff to the old. However, when I spoke with my dealer and VoA, they were saying that the tech bulletin procedure is to completely discard the old fluid and replace with the new, updated fluid. The two tech. bulletin...
  17. C

Not quite. The procedure on the TSB is to drain all the fluid and replace with an updated fluid (newer formulation). However, if you just want to CHECK the fluid level, you can't just open up the fill hole like you do on all over VWs because the transmission is not balanced and the fill hole...
  18. C

Yeah, I was wondering if mine was a wheel bearing but my car only has 45,000 km (28,000 miles). Mine also only does it at very slow speeds, while under load.
  19. C

No sweat. I wish you were right. I hate having to do all this other stuff just to drain and refill. I'm wondering if this business of removing the bearing pin has to do with making sure every drop of fluid is drained. The manual states that the procedure for CHECKING the oil level is to...
  20. C

Believe it or not, the Service manual (Bentley) clearly states that for MKV Jettas, you cannot use the fill hole because if you do, you will end up with less fluid than required. Basically, the angle of the transmission is such that when properly filled, the fluid level is higher than the...