Search results

1. T

Help Finding a Broken Fitting

A note of thanks for the write up, PLC Geek! I just removed my hose after reviewing, studying, and following your directions and images. Thanks very much. My story is similar to others in that the nipple broke off. Of course it decided to go on me while traveling with family two weekends...
  2. T

Brake and Fluid Flush - DIY

Thanks for that additional info. Did the fluid coming out at the brakes also have the milky white appearance or was it only at the clutch bleed location? Thanks again. Chris
  3. T

Thanks for the info. Meantime yesterday, I kept searching for it and made a couple of pictures that will hopefully help others if they run into this too. There isn't much mention anywhere of a bleeder valve block on the internet. ECS makes an aftermarket bleeder valve block which helped me...
  4. T

Brake and CLUTCH Fluid Flush - DIY Hello, 2015 Passat TDI SE w/ 6 spd Manual I'm using a pressurizing method to flush and replace the brake fluid today. I understand the procedure for the brakes as there's great info on youtube and in forums. My question is about flushing the clutch slave...
  5. T

Found my Passat Replacement

Thanks for you thoughts Trade Wind. I two am a fairly new TDI owner, and I too keep my cars forever....just sold a '98 Sienna that I purchased off the showroom floor - 19 years/330K miles! It "raised" two kids from car seats to becoming theirs at the end of it's life with us -- it could still...
  6. T

Found my Passat Replacement

So my replacement for my 2013 TDI manual Passat is a......2015 TDI Manual Passat. I'm letting VW buy my '13 and essentially rolling that money over to the 2015 which has a few more features, and 40K less miles. I just love the ride and drive feel of the TDI manual. I'm afraid I'm hooked...
  7. T

location of g42 iat sensor?

Yes, HEX-V2 cable. The "enthusiast" version now for sale at Ross Tech. It allows one to register up to 3 VINS. I did not have to register my VIN to do the scans. Let me know if you need any more info.
  8. T

Hello -- followup. I purchased a VCDS and confirmed the po113 code. Working with Ross - Tech, they guided me a bit toward the MAP sensor which actually fulfills two roles apparently: manifold abs. pressure and intake air temperature. I ohmed out the pins on the original sensor and found out...
  9. T

Resell of a VCDS?

Thanks everyone. Turns out a buddy of mine has a VCDS. Plan to borrow this weekend and see what's up. May still eventually buy the $200 as like one of you stated, that's maybe a couple of trips to the dealer.
  10. T

Resell of a VCDS?

Eastern Iowa,....just west of Iowa City. Work in Cedar Rapids
  11. T

Resell of a VCDS?

Hi... I have about 80K miles on my 2013 Passat TDI. I'm getting a CEL (I think cold-related), haven't had much luck diagnosing, and it's become clear that I either get a VCDS or let the dealer handle. I'd like to keep the car for another 40K and turn it in at 120K (which is when the wtys on...
  12. T

Hello again. After further googling, it looks like the Intake Air Temperature sensor/IAT (G42) may be integrated with the MAF sensor. Might anyone be able to confirm? Follow-on question: If after further troubleshooting I need to get a MAF, what is the best source recommended? Cost...
  13. T

Don't have vcds. Little power.
  14. T

Hi all,. Getting a p0113 code. Would like to do some basic troubleshooting. Please provide location if you may know. 2013 Passat TDI nms / 80k. Started acting up in the extreme cold a week ago. Now throws code and no longer goes away. Little lower/ acceleration. Don't have VCRs...
  15. T

just got a settlement info packet from VW

Will do Sent from my Z955L using Tapatalk
  16. T

FTC Warns VW Dealers Not To Screw TDI Owners With Shady Offers

In this case though it's not you doing the urinating. Sent from my Z955L using Tapatalk
  17. T

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

2013 turbo failure in Iowa Miles on car at failure:35250 Build date:jul or jun of 2013 Corrective actions from dealership: car at dealership now, they are replacing turbo...don't believe further parts since it did not go catastrophic Outside air temps at failure:-2F Failure warning signs, if...
  18. T

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

My definition of "babying it"... Hi tdiatlast...well, nothing scientific here, but what I've done is to keep it below 1500 rpm for a couple of miles. I also do not make my way to 6th until about 3/4 miles down the road. No major hills initially. Nice and easy backout from the garage. And...
  19. T

Iowa is cold and my turbo is whining about it! Got the whine last night at about 1 mile out as I was driving the family to a basketball game (and no, it wasn't the kids in the back seat!). Turned around immediately and parked it in the garage. This event also happened about this time last year...
  20. T

Received mine today too! A bit relieved. 10 years or 120K miles is better than a poke in the eye. Glad to see VW stepping up. :)