Search results

1. Amys1stTDI

Egr excessive flow

Just got the new ip on the car, drove realized I have no boost, throwing an egr excessive flow code, but my egr was deleted so I’m at a loss, not to mention that the egr is brand new itself as I changed it last year. My Vag-com says a 16768 egr system. Lol I just want my boost back as it sucks...
  2. Amys1stTDI

Flywheel mark passed the TDC

The pump locking pin is in its place too, pumps almost out. My car will be done today.
  3. Amys1stTDI

It’s all good, I’m in TDC we removed glow plugs and felt the swooshes of air, pump is locked in place, so is the camshaft, I’m taking it as no mark on the flywheel so I’m going to mark it myself. Everything is in alignment.
  4. IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0600.jpeg

TDC
  5. IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

TDC
  6. Amys1stTDI

I’m trying to replace my injection pump, gotta put it in time before I remove the pump. Found the flywheel mark but an another half turn to get the camshaft locking plate in. How do I fix it where all the marks line up? Could the other people who worked on it, not set any marks but just put it...
  7. IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

8. IMG_0581.png

IMG_0581.png

9. Amys1stTDI

Fuel injection pump

Lol so I’m new to this VCDS thing, and this is what I got, do I need to change the whole pump or is there something else I can do?
  10. IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0575.jpeg

11. Amys1stTDI

Fuel injection pump

Yes thanks so much!
  12. Amys1stTDI

Fuel injection pump

I was trying to find a video on how to change this injection pump and putting this Jetta in the correct timing so I can lock the camshaft without any luck. Could anyone point me to a good video as I must get this right. Thanks
  13. Amys1stTDI

What is this part called?

One bolt did snap apparently long time ago, the one that goes before the bracket bolt. Guess I better learn how to remove the broken one and rethread a new one.
  14. Amys1stTDI

The bolt didn’t snap, I got the new mount and bolts on the way. I’m going to put it back on however I can so she will make me back home to New Mexico and then I redo the threads or whatever it takes to get it back on correctly. I just need her to make it home. Thanks so much for the information.
  15. Amys1stTDI

It’s been raining all day, the bolt that broke or is not there anymore is the one that hooks into the trannie, im guessing and I don’t know if it broke or fell out, so it will be an adventure anyway that it goes unfortunately.
  16. Amys1stTDI

Lol how do I get a new bolt? Just look up the bolt that holds on the dogbone?
  17. Amys1stTDI

Yes that is exactly what happened, I have to jack it up and see what happened, it’s just raining so I thought I’d find out what it was called.
  18. Amys1stTDI

Mines broke and unfortunately I can’t find a new one without knowing what it’s called. Thanks for your help!
  19. IMG_0906.jpeg

IMG_0906.jpeg

20. IMG_0905.jpeg

IMG_0905.jpeg