Search results

1. hgeittmann

FS: 20GB PhatNoise/PhatBox player

make an offer? EDIT: sold!
  2. hgeittmann

FS: 20GB PhatNoise/PhatBox player

20GB Phatbox player, USB 2.0 cradle, software, and cables and manuals. I used this in my B5.5V. The Passat wagons had an issue with the Phatbox fitting in the CD changer bay, my solution was to cut the excess aluminum casing off (see picture). Great for B5V's, probably not so great for other...
  3. hgeittmann

B5V wrecked, sad to be TDI-less!

I think only the driver, passenger, and passenger side curtains deployed. The state patrolman said the side curtain protected my son from lots of debris coming of the other car. The underside of the car just buckled and folded, which moved the front seats. I guess that is how the frame...
  4. hgeittmann

Thanks for all the kind words and good wishes. I tell myself many times per day it could've been worse... had the impact been a matter of inches further back and I can't even bear to think what would've happened to my son (he's the crying kid I use for my profile picture... that was from 7...
  5. hgeittmann

I've mostly lurked here for the last few years, had a B4V that I sold back in '08 and the B5 was my daily since my daughter was born in '07. Got t-boned by a kid who ran a red light at 70mph on Dec. 18th. Luckily no one was in the front passenger seat. My son broke his leg, I broke a few ribs...
  6. hgeittmann

1997 B4V 1Z Grocery Getter Build

funny, I forgot how everything in CA was the 101 or the 80 and so on. I'm an hour north of Denver. If you come through on the 76 it's a bit closer as you can jump off on the 52 to the 25 and come in on the 119. If you're coming in from Kansas (the 70), I'm a much bigger detour. When you...
  7. hgeittmann

1997 B4V 1Z Grocery Getter Build

Sweet Jeremy, that's awesome.
  8. hgeittmann

Remote lock/unlock working distance?

Thanks! Now my next question- how do I get under the carpet? I poked around a bit, but didn't want to force anything.
  9. hgeittmann

Remote lock/unlock working distance?

Bump. Anyone know where the antenna is? I looked at the relay panel this weekend and couldn't find anything. My fob working distance is down to about 5'. new batteries, brain fry method, nothing has worked yet so I want to try the antenna mod. Thanks!
  10. hgeittmann

any Kerma users?

cold starts are just as miserable before and after the tune. That's easily the biggest disappointment I have with my B5. Cold starts are much worse at 9000ft. I have a tdiheater and that helps a lot with that issue. I haven't noticed a difference in smoke w/ elevation. I don't know if...
  11. hgeittmann

any Kerma users?

I've got a QLoader w/ tune from Charlie. Pretty happy with it, good power, no additional smoke. I've had a few reflashes with it as the various ECU updates have come out too (steel glowplug was the latest). I live at 5000 ft and go up to Summit County all the time (9-10,000'), no issues w/...
  12. hgeittmann

Please help me decide on nozzles for my B4

I don't think PP520s would be much of a change (and thus not worth the money), you'd probably barely feel it. FWIW, I got less smoke with PP520s in A4 bodies than w/ Sprint520s and RC3 in my B4. Power felt the same. If you don't like smoking, I'd sit tight til you do the turbo upgrade.
  13. hgeittmann

B4 stuff, basement purge

Hi John, sorry, don't have those. - Hans
  14. hgeittmann

B4 stuff, basement purge

bump, added injection pump bracket (for upgrading to ALH fuel injection pump).
  15. hgeittmann

B4 stuff, basement purge

B4 stuff pm sent
  16. hgeittmann

B4 stuff, basement purge

dangit, double post.
  17. hgeittmann

B4 stuff, basement purge

Cleaning up the basement work room, found some of my old B4 stuff: all prices include shipping by USPS priority mail. Paypal preffered. 1 exhaust manifold: $20 1 boost valve: $10 1 metalnerd IP triangle tool j-b welded into a socket to adapt to a 3/8" drive (used when performing Hammer Mod)...
  18. hgeittmann

GTA2056V on my 1Z B4, it's running! I've got questions =)

bummer, it was worth a shot.
  19. hgeittmann

Jeremy, have you added a vacuum reservoir to your system yet? If the noise is in the cabin, any chance it's the fresh air/recirc flap making it? if you've got the recirc button pressed, that flap should be closed (actuated w/ vacuum) even w/ the fan off. Do you still get that noise in fresh...
  20. hgeittmann

Awesome work Jeremy! :cool: Can't wait to hear how it goes w/ the tuning.