Search results

1. S

SOLD

Great, I'll send you a message.
  2. S

SOLD

Selling a new tire/wheel winter package I bought from an online tire store. My 2013 VW Passat TDI had a heater core failure at 177k before I could use the tires and wheels. They are still packaged for shipping. Can meet within reasonable drive from Manchester NH area, or ship at your cost...
  3. Winter tire/wheel package

Winter tire/wheel package

4. PXL_20230813_145201147.MP.jpg

PXL_20230813_145201147.MP.jpg

5. PXL_20230813_145212813.jpg

PXL_20230813_145212813.jpg

6. S

Anyone have luck trading TDI after EPA announcement?

I tried to trade my 2013 TDI Passat with DSG in and got an offer of $8000. Other offer I got from another dealer was $9650. I still have it.
  7. S

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

Is there any way to update the first post with a synopsis of the issue and recommended precautions we can all take to avoid issues?
  8. S

Manual climate control

Same here. Heat output is very inconsistent. Seems to put out varying heat even if I don't change the settings. I thought it may be the winter temps and the varying speed of the car, but not sure.
  9. S

Stuck accelerator

Yes, I didn't mention that I thought it was normal.
  10. S

Stuck accelerator

Yes, I had it happen today in stop and go traffic. Felt like the trans didn't downshift and the idling engine kept me moving along at 10 or 15mph.
  11. S

Smell Proof Box for Additives!

Yeah, Ziploc bags are another of my addictions. Seems they would work well to stop odor and spills.
  12. S

2013 Passat: Impressive

I have 1300 miles on mine and love it. I love the space, being 6'6", and have plenty of room. Love feeling the torque. I even like the DSG. It ismy first non manual car I've owned in a while. The wheel could telescope a bit father back, but then again I have to reach to touch the radio...
  13. S

Air Conditioning Performance on 2013 Passat TDI

Yeah, I don't find my AC to be all that powerful. I'll have to take the IR gun to the vents to measure the output. Overall, I love the car. The Hankooks are not my favorite due to the noise, but love the torque.
  14. S

Torque app -- what a bargain!

Cool, thanks! What levels should I set up alarms for? I want to get an alarm when regen is occurring as well as when temp is too hot, etc.
  15. S

Torque app -- what a bargain!

Great thread. I have Torque Pro running on my rooted Nook Color with a BAFX Products (TM) - PIC18F2480 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool adapter. So, what should I monitor? What is the most useful? I have boost, EGT, engine and trans temp. I'll add the two temp sensors from the OP to keep an eye...
  16. S

Returning to TDI with new Passat

I picked up my 2013 Passat TDI with DSG/Sunroof last night. I am glad to be back in a diesel car. It's been about 5 years since I sold my Jetta TDI. Reflex Silver Metallic with moonrock grey interior. Had to search a bit to find the grey interior, but I like it and hope its cooler than...
  17. S

sound like a fuel pump issue?

I wonder if the people who had double failures were fueling up at the same place? Or if they were using any additive?
  18. S

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

I've been reading this off and on for several months. Is the risk of failure reduced by using an aftermarket fuel flitration system? Like those secondary CAT filters I see installed in some TDIs?
  19. S

Mazda SkyActiv Diesel Engine

I'll be in the market for a new car shortly and was waiting for the Mazda diesel in the 2012 model. Dissapointing they postponed it.