Search results

1. D

Has anyone seen an Audi TT conversion?

Resurrecting an old thread as I search for information. I still have my 2003 Golf TDI. Blew out turbo and over revved engine awhile back. Bought a new engine and turbo but still haven’t installed as I have been considering a 6sp trans. I was recently given a 2002 Audi TT Quatro W/Manual that...
  2. D

FS. VNT 15 Turbo $300

Tim... Complete assembly - manifold, actuator, etc.? Shipping to 99009.
  3. D

It's Here...$4 a gallon Diesel

Regarding the current Islamic extremist, they have told us what they are reacting too! Our liberalism is their main problem; including woman’s rights and freedoms, tolerance of homosexuality, freedom of other religions, alcohol, TV, movies, consumerism, etc. The President of Iran recently stated...
  4. D

I concur. However, I have a real problem with ANY extremist group where their interpretation and leaders are preaching that it is alright to strap a bomb on oneself and blow themselves and as many others as possible, including women and children in the local market place to get what they want.
  5. D

Friends don’t lie to friends in my world. Perhaps they do in yours. Local station owners/managers have little control over the price of fuel they sell. Suppliers set the price and the vendor only gets a couple of cents leeway. Suppliers even account for the majority of price variance from...
  6. D

I think a more realistic statement would be $3 per gallon. I have thought about selling my TDI also. I started working from home Sept 01, and now drive 100 miles a week instead of 100 miles a day. However, it is still the most cost effective for that one weekly trip to town.
  7. D

If you would take the time to actually get to know your fuel vendor, you would know how ridiculous this statement is. Stations around here typically make $.03-.05 per gallon. I filled the truck up yesterday @$3.67.9 =$130.00 for fillup. It is going up to 3.75.9 there today. Because I take the...
  8. D

Tentative Spokane GTG; skidplate installation

Doug… After being the lone TDI at all of the VW/European car GTG in the Spokane area for the last few years, it was nice to see a TDI GTG. All car owners have their respective organization that they can associate with. However the TDI owners that I have meet at several GTGs over the last four...
  9. D

Fuel Micron Filtration

Check out this thread from 3.5 years ago: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=73123&highlight=CAT+filter
  10. D

Fuel Micron Filtration

I seem to recall someone saying here that they could get WIX oil filters for $3 in a similar manor. I guess I am just too concerned about “knock-offs” to go that route. However, I am comfortable with buying mail order from a reputable co – seen the WIX oil filter for $6. AND, I am most...
  11. D

Tentative Spokane GTG; skidplate installation

Fly... I just ordered my Panzer. I took the plastic one off last weekend to change oil and discovered it was disintegrating. Looks like I will make the GTG for a skid plate install and rear brakes. I have ramps, and most all tools for a TDI, including VAG-COM and Bentley on my laptop. Let...
  12. D

Any TDIers in Eastern Washington??

eb... Check out the link below. There is a GTG on Sept. 29th in Spokane. There will be a shop, tools, VAG-COM and help. Hoping to be there myself. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=187789
  13. D

Pulling Boat w Jetta TDI?

Actually I did design a fifth wheel hitch for my Golf. Funny what you do when you are 3D computer modeler that likes to play. The design I created is an exterior roll cage dropping from the roof at the B pillar, which then attaches to a reinforced undercarriage interior of the side skirts. It...
  14. D

I did mention in an earlier post in this thread that I have air-bags installed for safety. These are installed in the rear coil springs and are AirLift 1000lbs rated air-bags. Handling is much improved when you can maintain a level vehicle while towing. Even with 500lbs of tongue weight...
  15. D

You are comparing apples to oranges. Lets see: I pull a utility trailer behind my Golf: Golf: 13.5’ long X 5.5’ wide X 3Klbs. Trailer: 8’ long X 5’ wide X 2800lbs braked. I pull a horse/stock trailer behind my F350, Diesel, CC, 4x4: F350: 22’ long X 6.5’ wide X 7200lbs. Trailer: 36’ long...
  16. D

So which is the correct quote from your handbook? - see your quote in my last post above. The NA Class I hitch that is widely sold here for our TDIs is rated at 2000lbs tow gross and 200lbs tongue. The European Class II hitch that some have installed is rated to 3500lbs or 3600lbs tow gross –...
  17. D

While it is true that VW in my 03 MY Golf GLS NA owner’s manual “Recommends” a maximum towing capacity of 1000lbs (doesn’t say for auto or manual, braked or un-braked, or even max tongue weight), The figures I quoted in my earlier post was European Union government test “Ratings.” Those done...
  18. D

This is a person who REALLY DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! While the Jetta isn’t designed to tow 4500lbs “1 1/2 x it's weight,” the mk4 chassis IS designed for towing. It has a Eurospec TOW RATING coded in the VIN. My 03MY Golf, 90hp, 5sp, GLS TDI is tested and rated @ 1320lb...
  19. D

Glen Beck says Philli to NYC takes 45 hours

Using that same mindset, I guess one could have read enough in this thread to draw the same conclusion about a given poster.
  20. D

Glen Beck says Philli to NYC takes 45 hours

Perhaps "it takes one to know one" has real meaning for you. After all if you really knew what you were talking about - you would know his name is Glenn Beck. But then, if you're not listening to http://www.glennbeck.com, you're not really listening.