Search results

1. hawk1039

2014 cjaa tdi engine noise. Please help

It does, i am about to remove the head soon.
  2. hawk1039

I just wanted to make sure i had covered my bases before i started taking the engine apart. I will post finding- Thanks everyone for suggestions.
  3. hawk1039

Oil pressure good., no pressure lights
  4. hawk1039

Compression test within specs. ( not sure on the specs for leak down) , im just trying to cover my bases before swapping engine.
  5. hawk1039

Same noise, before and after injector swap.
  6. hawk1039

Deleted, stage 2 tune, not a regen issue? May pull the cam tray and inspect the lifters. I appreciate the advice, this forum seems to be less "helpful" than I remember.
  7. hawk1039

When i purchased the car, it had a bad turbo. Previous owner ran it with little to no oil in engine. When i replaced turbo and changed all filters it had an intermittent ticking. I agree seems to be mechanical. I may need to look for a used engine?
  8. hawk1039

i put a set of injectors from another running tdi and it makes the same noise.
  9. hawk1039

I have VCDS., car has 120k, next step i will pull the cams and lifters? Please any help will be appreciated
  10. hawk1039

2014 jetta tdi. Used, No codes, changed and coded injectors. Started as slight ticking, now it is loud. Pulled valve cover and oil pan. No visible signs of damage. Sound is same from under car or under hood. Noise follows acceleration- doesnt change cold or warm. (Oil starvation suspected from...
  11. IMG_6053.mov

IMG_6053.mov

Tapping Noise
  12. CJAA

CJAA

Engine noise
  13. hawk1039

Timing Belt Change Hell

The crank marks confirmed my TDC glow plug measurements, there are no marks on the flywheel!!, double checked everything and rotated the eng, normal compression, buttoned everything up, car cranked right up, block 2 was 94 and block nine was 97. I will research advanced settings, any...
  14. hawk1039

Timing Belt Change Hell

I had to take a break, I will use the marks on the harmonic balancer, Thanks
  15. hawk1039

Timing Belt Change Hell

Actually I replaced the engine a couple of years ago ( crate engine ) didn't think about TDC mark before install, it has no marks as far as I can tell. After reading this entire thread I should be able to rotate the engine by hand after putting everything back together? I guess a smooth...
  16. hawk1039

Timing Belt Change Hell

Need help, hopefully posting on the right thread, I'm in the middle of a timing belt change and my manual trans flywheel has No TDC mark... I used a micrometer to get the #1 cylinder as close as I could to the highest point. I'm on the fence between 2 teeth, don't want to destroy engine. ( I...
  17. hawk1039

Front end noise

I have the same problem as Dougsbug! I have replaced brakes, and put it on jacks to inspect the wheel bearings, not sure which wheel bearing to replace! im not 100% sure its the left front, but it does go away when im in a left hand turn? any suggestions>
  18. hawk1039

Blown ALH need help.

yes, that's exactly what happened, well looks like im gonna pay for that mistake, Im probably gonna buy a crate motor with a waranty, and either sell or keep extra parts for future problems.