Search results

1. 21window

WTB Auto trans drive gear

yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing since now I know it is the torque converter.
  2. 21window

Oh ok thanks. Then I need a torque converter.
  3. 21window

I need a flex plate/drive gear (not sure what it looks like) for a 2000 auto Jetta TDI. I just need the gear part if it unbolts from the flex plate. thanks
  4. 21window

2002 jetta tdi auto partout

Hey Draco Will you sell the Torque converter? or whoever got it? Sorry to hijack.
  5. 21window

FS: ALH dead head

One offer so far. Anyone else?
  6. 21window

FS: ALH dead head

SOLD SOLD SOLD FS: ALH head complete with bent valves and dead lifters Has cam and sprocket, but will need to be rebuilt. Head gasket surface looks fine and the rest of the head looks fine. Throw some valves and lifters in there and go. Make good offer please if interested. Not really...
  7. 21window

ALH Cylinder Head, Injectors, Hard Lines 01 TDI auto VA

yo yo yo pm sent read your pm's!:rolleyes:
  8. 21window

WANTED: Alh head @TDIfest

Is anyone going to TDIfest that has a known good alh complete head they may want to part with? PM me with details please.
  9. 21window

Parts needed

Anyone have a good complete ALH head at a reasonable price they are willing to bring to YPSI?
  10. 21window

ALH Broken cam belt question

Thanks that is awesome. Kinda what I had planned to do if there was no completely positive answer. So what is an acceptable variance between piston heights? I see yours were not exactly perfectly matched...
  11. 21window

ok so what is the favorite method to measure piston projection? I am having a hard time getting any repeat ability with a dial indicator.
  12. 21window

Will do. Better get my book out and try to find some specs.
  13. 21window

Just bought an ALH with a broken belt. Motor was taken apart (head removed) when I got it. The only obvious things I see on initial quick inspection (haven't measured a single thing yet) is one of the lifters on the number 4 piston has an obvious dent in it. There also seems to be some fine...
  14. 21window

Old car blues

Haha. I REALLY thought this was going to be one of those 2 or 3 week testing every wire on the car frustrating repairs. I was very very excited when I found the obvious problem. VAG-COM was helpful in leading me in the right direction. :D:D
  15. 21window

Old car blues

Well to answer my own thread LOL. It ended up being the wires that go to the injection pump quantity adjuster were chafed through down by the starter and shorting out. She runs like a top again. Whew,that was lucky :)
  16. 21window

Old car blues

Old car blues (help needed) Ok so here goes. I have read and read but don't see an answer for my exact symptom. 99.5 alh with 357k on it. stick shift. Been chipped about 250k ago. Car has always run great. Nothing has been changed other than oil on the car for the last 20k miles or so...
  17. 21window

WTB: 2004 Jetta Trunk Lid

Pm Sent back :)
  18. 21window

WTB: 2004 Jetta Trunk Lid

got a silver one in elyria, ohio