Search results

1. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

hot seat: not switch. What?

I have the same issue, I'm thinking its the temp. sensors in the seats. The wires are very fine and are known to break. You can pull back the seat covers, re-solder them and off you go - if that's the issue.
  2. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

Smyth Ute Pickup conversion completed,

Looks great, the box work is top shelf.
  3. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

Shaved door mk4

I love the shaved look, looks so clean. Practically, it will be the price of a window to open the door if the battery is ever dead.
  4. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

injector bodies which are best pd 1.9

I wonder if it's the same as an Italian Tune Up.
  5. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

2006 VW Jetta TDI for sale

This might help you pride it, from the sticky selling cars in this section: "Set a reasonable price. Check eBay auctions and "Sold" threads. Set it at or a bit higher than comparable sales. If you just bought your car 5k miles ago from the dealer and you're looking to break even, it most...
  6. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

1998 VW Jetta TDI $3000 California Car

Love the colour and the wheels, should be an easy sale.
  7. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

VW Bus

Awesome van, just goes to show that vehicles are worth whatever people are wilingl to pay for them....crazy.
  8. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

Are the newer tdis as good as the older ones

No DPF on mk4's. They are on 2009 and later.
  9. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

LED lights for better fuel economy....

yes, amps, and I meant 15 not 5. It's not my fault, it was the inauguration, I was watching and typing! here's the lights I had in my toyota...
  10. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

LED lights for better fuel economy....

I installed truck-lite complete led headlight units which are DOT approved; these were for my '93 toyota 4x4. My oem headlights were drawing just over 5 volts, and the LED units were just under 2 volts on low beam and just under 3 volts on hi beam. I also changed out every bulb to LEDS and I...
  11. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

the German

Sharp looking Golf!
  12. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

This morning's -47F cold start in my 2003 wagon

Nice. I sure don't miss it, gj on looking after your car so it starts in those temps. And it sure isn't the same as starting it in summer. Driving around in -47 when your tires feel square, plastic breaks off like an icicle, and your seats are hard as rocks, yeah thats summer weather... I...
  13. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

The most travelled Jetta?

Awesome, what fun.
  14. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

ALH vs BEW Motors

Nice! that's good to hear.
  15. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

ALH vs BEW Motors

^^ my daughter has told me the same thing, I'll gladly take yours and her word for it. I'm spoiled here in the comox valley.
  16. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

ALH Installed in 93 T100 4x4

Looks great, I know you'll miss that 3.slow but you'll get over it :P
  17. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

ALH vs BEW Motors

Now that is well put, the OP or anyone can take that info and make a decision on that and what others have said, as opposed to, it sucks. Thanks for the detail, having just come back from a trip to see our grandkids in Chilliwack, it was the first long trip in the golf and it definitely lacked...
  18. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

What did you do to your car today?

Nice having the shop space to do it, too. :)
  19. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

Show what you tow!

Looks awesome.
  20. JohnnyCanuck.Comox

ALH vs BEW Motors

I always love the scientific comments likes yours, 'they suck'. As you get older, you'll learn that that's not really helpful. The other comments around no power band and no fun, just about as useless. Why isn't it fun, why in your opinion does it have no power band? Those are opinions that...