Search results

1. D

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

EFT confirmed... As I posted on Tuesday, VW completed the buyback of my 2011 Sportwagen. The gal handling the deal said I'd get an email within 3 business days from J.P. Morgan in order to provide my bank info for the EFT. That email came Wednesday evening. This morning I registered at the site...
  2. D

Well, I was the guy right before you (1:00 pm appt.). I agree, everyone was helpful and pleasant. No complaints at all.
  3. D

It was a $1000 incentive or cash back plus the $500 loyalty card that VW issued November 2016. VW wants our business. They came down a fair amount from the MSRP on the car I bought making it a no money out of pocket deal for me. They know other car makers are offering deals to TDI owners...
  4. D

c'est fini... I just completed the buyback of my 2011 Sportwagen. I was the first buyback TDI owner at the Santa Barbara dealership and the first one for the buyback technician. With the buyback $$ and the incentive and loyalty card ($1500) I left the lot in a 2017 Jetta SE - no money out of...
  5. D

tomorrow... My buyback appointment is tomorrow at 1:00pm. This weekend my 2011 Sportwagen wouldn't start although it did later in the day. The battery was dying. So today I got a jump and drove it into the dealership. They checked it out and said, "yep, the battery is pretty much gone." The...
  6. D

Buyback Appointment Emails Going Out Now

bit by bit... Just got my appointment email. Went to the site and I now have an appointment scheduled for Nov. 29th. Moving along...
  7. D

Cleaning fuel canister rust

grey or white bottle? Does it matter which bottle... grey (D. Kleen) or white (D. fuel supplement)? I'm under the impression only the white has the water dispersing additive. thanks...
  8. D

My conversation with PS, easy access to B100 - Useful as an additive? Add DK as well?

Here's some info I received from PS a couple months ago on this same topic: Thank you for taking the time to contact Power Service Products, Inc. Diesel Kleen does not significantly disperse water in a fuel tank. Diesel Fuel Supplement is better suited to that task, but our best product for...
  9. D

Real World MPG with DSG

I have a 2011 Sportwagen TDI with DSG. From San Diego to Santa Barbara, yesterday with 3 adults in the car, I exited 101 toward my home with the mpg screen showing 48.3. That is the best yet. No traffic and we averaged about 60 mph. Amazing, these diesels VW's.
  10. D

Hope for 2009+ and biodiesel?

So, for purposes of increasing lubricity (as seems needed considering HPFP issues) would you not use any biodiesel at all? And if not, do you think using an additive such as Power Service is sufficient to adequately increase lubricity? A while back you suggested using B5 or less. I appreciate...
  11. D

Hope for 2009+ and biodiesel?

Ok, I'm a bit confused here. DB, are you saying B5 or less fuel is detrimental to the 2009 and newer TDI's? Thanks.
  12. D

Breakin procedure for 2011 Golf TDI

Here's the Break-In link: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=464223
  13. D

My Review of CNBCs Fuel Special

And further, VW has determined that B5 diesel can be used without harm to the engine due to any resulting oil dilution (as long as oil changes are performed according to specs). Given the need for greater lubricity in U.S. diesel as pertaining to the HPFP issues, I avail myself of a station...
  14. D

My Review of CNBCs Fuel Special

If Biodiesel is so toxic for engines, seals, etc.... then why would VW approve the use of B5 or less in its vehicles? The question answers itself.
  15. D

Biodiesel News from Brazil

Interesting info. I've been trying to keep my mix of biodiesel in the neighborhood of B2-B3 due to this dilution factor. Even then I wonder... just go with diesel and use and additive such as PS? cheers...
  16. D

My "New" TDI

Hello... after a number of years not owning a VW, I recently purchased a new 2011 TDI Sportwagen... love it! Thanks for all the very helpful info here. This is my second diesel, but first in a car. I used to own a Cheoylee sailboat with an 35hp Yanmar diesel, heheh.
  17. 2011 Sportwagen TDI

2011 Sportwagen TDI

About one month after buying my new Sportwagen.