Search results

1. TDI_

Fuel pump drip

Watch out for this specific one... i changed 2 of them on my old 98 TDI due to fuel leaks... It was a major pain in the back process!!!
  2. TDI_

A3/B4 parts

Great seller!! Items just as described!
  3. TDI_

Mysterious Hose and P1550

Thank you for the info everyone! I will be tackling this today with your way first... I will also use some PB Blaster if I cannot get it loose with just the pump and wrench. Thank you again everyone! ps. jtomas.... did you use this? CLICK ME
  4. TDI_

Thank you Abacus! Deciding on what to tear apart now... the turbo or the waste-gate mechanism only.
  5. TDI_

Thank you vanbcguy! Are there only 4 bolts that hold the turbo? Any help will be great help.. i am going to be in a tight space and a time frame as well. I want to make sure I have all the tools/parts necessary. It will be my first time with a Turbo... thank you again!
  6. TDI_

Hi, It definitely is not noticeable. It moves a tad if I give it a little or a lot of pressure of course less than 20 psi. Lets hope the mechanism is stuck and I can PB blast it tonight. I will also try to move it as much as I can to free it out. The hose is brand new, holds air and does...
  7. TDI_

Ok. Got underneath the car and had my GF help me with the bike pump. The actuator moves very very little. Maybe like a few tents of on inch. I can see it move but not sure on how much it should move. What's the rule of thumb here? An inch of movement? Thank you!
  8. TDI_

Hi Steve! The hose comes from the flapper inside the air box, it is some sort of an actuator. The other end is not connected to anything... goes directly to the atmosphere. I have a questions for everyone! I changed all the hoses including the one goes to the ECM, the one inside the ECM as...
  9. TDI_

I will give it a try tonight and blast it while at it.
  10. TDI_

I tried to get support before and no luck if I remember correctly. Worth a shot tho. I will also try to use a different one this weekend. I will climb down today to see what I can do with the actuator. A reputable forum member once mentioned you can't move the actuator with your hand only...
  11. TDI_

Hey baron! I am using the MAF from my 98 since I had no issues with my vacuum/boost issues. I will put the other on back on today. I might swap the whole box as well today to make sure all works. I always lookup and order 98 Jetta parts. I am aware of the year and engine differences...
  12. TDI_

Unfortunately I have a second hand cable which makes me lose my chances with the support desk. I already tried the aftermarket section. I have an original VW radio but that seems to disturb the K line once in a while as well. My luck.... The hose goes right to the air box and connects to a...
  13. TDI_

The ECU one i already changed lol i actually changed that before i fired the car up. I will use the good old bicycle pump after changing the hoses to the actuator. Anyone know anything about the VCDS issue i am having?
  14. TDI_

I will order some more 3mm tonight unless I can find a spot around NJ to buy some without waiting... Thank you seatman! I really hope the hose will fix this problem... I am not comfortable enough with touching/removing/swapping and turbo/turbo parts.
  15. TDI_

Hey Seatman.. I have to make sure the hose that goes to the actuator is good... any tricks on changing that bad boy?
  16. TDI_

Thank you Steve! I will clean the ground wire ASAP! And I literally just saw the same hose on my other Jetta.... it looks to be connected to the same place. Maybe the previous owner changed the airbox? I should also check the snowscreen assuming the box is aftermarket/from a different...
  17. TDI_

Good afternoon all!! I just bought a 1999 Jetta (A3) with P1550 and in the process of finding the culprit. I am using the parts from my older 98 Jetta to see what's going on. So far I swapped the MAF and the N75 and I am about to get some hoses to replace them as well. I replaced the short...
  18. TDI_

Another day another cooling issue

I just finished mine about 25 mins ago. I went to fix the the car at my job's parking lot around 10:20 pm. but ended up locking the keys in the car. So, I had to drive back to get the spare from my house and then come back the lot. It took me roughly 15 mins (very dark and around 32 degrees) to...
  19. TDI_

Thank you and thank you! Make that a lot of G12 though, lost a crap ton since it happened while i was driving and the whole engine compartment is filled with that stuff. I might tackle it tonight and see how that goes.
  20. TDI_

My part just got here and I will be working on it at the parking lot of my job tomorrow. Do you remember which tools are necessary for this job so that I bring the correct ones. Thank you!