Search results

1. goes2fast

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Your opinion and you know what opinions are like don't you? :rolleyes:
  2. goes2fast

I get my AGMs for about $180 and you do not get corrosion on the terminals and cable connections like you do with a conventional style battery. I have never gotten any corrosion problems with AGM batteries so no more corroded battery trays either. ;)
  3. goes2fast

I don't know where you are buying yours but an AGM isn't much more than a similar spec wet battery and I have gotten longer life from the ones I have had plus less maintenance makes it well worth it to me.
  4. goes2fast

It's a K1200LT, no jugs sticking out the sides! ;)
  5. goes2fast

I bought a German sister for mine! :cool:
  6. goes2fast

Why do you feel that way? I have had excellent luck with AGM batteries, no corrosion on terminals and longer life. I have used Optima and Intimidator batteries for 20 years and will never buy anything else.
  7. goes2fast

The whole west coast is too high, I went on vacation earlier this year to the Nortwest and had to pay over $1 a gallon more in Washington and Oregon than in the other states.
  8. goes2fast

Letting it sit for that long is very bad, seals dry out and diesel goes bad which causes more problems than old gasoline. My 2JZ-GTE now smokes very bad when I first start it because it sat too long and the valve seals dried out so now I'm looking at an expensive job of replacing 24 valve seals!
  9. goes2fast

Maybe not, no one has shown any interest or made an offer.
  10. goes2fast

If that car had a GTD grill I would say it was my old one that I turned in for more than I paid for it. :) Anyone need a Flashzilla? Since I no longer have a TDI I don't need it. It was only used twice once to load the tune and again to remove when I turned my car in.
  11. goes2fast

That almost looks like stock compared to mine, I have 20%, because I'm older I think the cops leave me alone. I had it on both my MK7s and the wife's Jetta with no problems from the police and have driven on 2 cross country vacation trips. One to Florida and one to Vancouver BC. And my...
  12. goes2fast

Golf R

When I read a test in one of the magazines between the R, and the STI, the R was faster on the track, even though it had less power on paper. I think VW tends to under rate their engine power.
  13. goes2fast

Golf R

On the trip home, mountain 2 lanes, very steep grades, and lots of playing, 28.5 mpg. If I behaved myself, I think it would better the 30 mpg EPA rating.
  14. goes2fast

Golf R

Thanks, Yes it has the adaptive suspension, and 19 inch wheels, but the ride is very good in the comfort mode. The handling is so good that I leave it in that mode most of the time, I don't find much use for normal mode, so it's either in comfort, or race. Even in race, it's not that bad, unless...
  15. goes2fast

Golf R

Thanks guys!
  16. goes2fast

Golf R

Here is the new toy getting gassed up before leaving SLC. Back in Colorado.
  17. goes2fast

Golf R

Will do, I plan on doing updates in stages, and will be doing an APR down pipe, and stage 2 tune eventually.
  18. goes2fast

Golf R

Thanks, since I'm retiring it will not get a lot of miles on it, mostly 1/4 mile at a time, and autocross. :D
  19. goes2fast

Golf R

Warranty is good at any VW dealer, I did read the fine print before buying. I put a pencil to the Canadian GSW, and with the duty, and hoops you have to jump through too much money, and hassle for me, would be nice to have a wagon though. Maybe I should retire in Europe so I could buy a Golf R...
  20. goes2fast

Golf R

Well I decided to pull the trigger, Flying to Salt Lake City to pick up my 2017 Lapiz Blue R. It has 15,000 miles, the remainder of the factory warranty, plus a lifetime power train warranty from the dealer. Got it for $31,000, so I figure the PO paid about 10K for the privilege of breaking it...