Search results

1. various

various

2. M

MN Chat Thread

Wow.. quite far. Thanks!
  3. M

MN Chat Thread

I failed to find those, I picked up 7" long reach mini 22 degree bent nose pliers from Menards. It worked but it was a pain to use. I've done my first TB & WP job! Now I'm looking for that discontinued steel plate guard cover for oil pan. Mine got broken and winter with ice chunks on roads is...
  4. M

MN Chat Thread

Is there anyone in TC area I can borrow/buy timing belt tensioner adjustment tool for 2.0 gas in a bikeable distance from U campus? I thought I'd use some pliers or tweezers but whatever I have doesn't work good:( Metric Auto Parts and Delegard don't have those and Sears wants at least a weak...
  5. M

02 Auto Transmission G68 Error-Help-No Freddie Mercury Yet!

My apology , I didn't pay enough attention. I should have checked the level while I had airbox removed.
  6. M

Nope, a dipstick. For leveled car, disconnect G38, dry clean, insert again and remove. I didn't try it though.
  7. M

Stupid rodent that biten G68!! $3 Fix!!! I spliced wires. So far works good. I picked up "Telephone Butt Connectors" 26-22 gauge @ Radioshack for $2. Since entire cable is shielded and it is supposedly a HF carrier, I decided to wrap wire in a piece of aluminum foil such that it contacts for...
  8. M

Thanks! I've spent almost a day before trying to remove it just by hand and even got a back pain, so it was not funny at all. I was even trying to hit connector a bit through cloth using same socket extension as much as space permitted. That is why I asked if there is any trick since it looked...
  9. M

In case someone is having same problems. It was hard and I had to use flat head screwdriver to push protective ring down from pimples on the plug. However G68 socket was still no go. I had to use some WD-40 just in case and special "tool" to push it hard and careful from the back Here is...
  10. M

I already want automotive quality heat resistant rodent repellent. What would be the right way to do it? Is it doable without removing mount bracket and g68? I mean can I just pull out the cable, use some piece of wires for extension, butt connectors, and heat shrink wraps? How safe is to use...
  11. M

I've got same problems :-( It is a mystery how it could happened, but it looks like as if wire from G68 was bitten by something. Also a cable to solenoids has isolation damage. I was thinking if I can get away by just splicing wires and not replacing sensor itself. 1) I can't figure out how...
  12. M

MN Chat Thread

No offense! I'm not a rush person. I perfectly understand that those who offer services here are doing it at their free will and in their spare time. I just failed to find your e-mail on your profile page so I chose forum as the only option left. If I had one, I would e-mail for sure. Perhaps...
  13. M

MN Chat Thread

I'm usually at newbeetle.org , but I feel like there are virtually no users from MN :( And tdiclub was already of a great help for me while I was fixing $3 door switch problem :-)
  14. M

MN Chat Thread

I'm looking for potential assistance Hi there! My name is Mikhail. I was about to contact DeafBug directly, but he has PMs disabled though he is listed on trusted mechanics list (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044). I hope you all don't mind that I'm writing here and perhaps...
  15. M

Got codes from VW dealer today

Ok, I'll send PM. I just didn't want to bug anyone with PMs and thought that discussion here could be of use to someone else facing the same issue. I meant what are the parameters of that bolt like diameter, thread, etc.? And if that is the only thing I need beside new G68? No any special VW...
  16. M

Got codes from VW dealer today

I have a non-TDI 2002 VW NB 2.0L (AZG) with automatic transmission (01M?). I've got exactly the same symptoms and codes. Car doesn't switch above 2nd gear and reading from VSS are 0 while driving. Before taking everything apart I've noticed that if G68 wire cable shield came off at one place...
  17. M

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

I glued new microswitch in New Beetle Thanks for the great instructions! I replaced microswitch in my New Beetle (lock p/n 3B1 837 015 AK) few days ago with RadioShack's one. I've got classic failure. In my case the counterpart is worn out. So I decided to keep metal bar for smooth movement...
  18. M

heated seat work when they want

How can I remove leather from driver's seat cushion on 2002 New Beetle? As far as I understand it is possible to try to resolder heating wire. I was able to pinpoint that I have failed heating element in the cushion. On 2002 Beetle, backrest & cushion heating elements are in line, not in...
  19. M

How-To: Flakey Turn Signal Clicking Fix.

I just cleaned my turn signal switch on 2002 New Beetle GLS. Perhaps it is a typo. I have 4mm hex screw at this point, not T25. I didn't notice later in this thread the picture how to remove clips, so I used 1.5mm flathead screwdriver. I was able to squeeze it in from the top by starting from...