Search results

1. SnieselDiesel

Outside temp isnt working in dash

I should also mention, both lights came on at the same time.
  2. SnieselDiesel

Outside temp isnt working in dash

Outside temp just reads blank. And also the tire light is on in the dash, flashing several times during start up. 2012 - 6 speed. Where do I start? Thanks!
  3. SnieselDiesel

Clutch / DMF question

I don't. It's like a slight knock until there is the slightest pressure on the clutch pedal, then it's completely silent. Rockauto and idparts are my go-to and I'm looking around 5-600 either way. Clutch kit is only 150.
  4. SnieselDiesel

Clutch / DMF question

2012, 222k miles, lots of highway miles. It has been parked a couple months because it's approaching its second timing belt interval, and the clutch release bearing is making noise. Finally ordered the timing belt kit, rear pads and rotors, and a headlight(thank you deer). Need to do a clutch...
  5. SnieselDiesel

Cjaa valve adjustment?

Just wondering. Thanks!
  6. SnieselDiesel

Cjaa valve adjustment?

I'm a Mack / Volvo tech and I adjust valves every 250k on these otr trucks and it makes a big difference. Which got me thinking...should we be adjusting valves on these CRs? I'm at 173k. Thanks guys!
  7. SnieselDiesel

MK6 Jetta Mileage/Boasting Thread

2011: (17 cars) 300,000 mi 05/03/16 dozenspeed v.: 6mt prm owner: 1 tb: 3 dpf: 1 hpfp: 1 ef: 1 fb: 1 rb: 2 note: oil ash 258ml@269,962 mi-horn: 3 turbo: 2 @256,646 241,060 mi 03/27/17 rtking v.: dsg prm owner: 1 tb: 2 dpf: 1 hpfp: 1 ef: 1 fb: 1 rb: 1 note: malone dsg tune; dsg cracked at 160k...
  8. SnieselDiesel

Wiper squeak - Suspension rattling - Fuel mileage drop

Thanks for the info on the wiper motor. I will keep that in mind.
  9. SnieselDiesel

Wiper squeak - Suspension rattling - Fuel mileage drop

Firstly, it's nice to see such a low number of open threads in the forums. Our TDIs must be holding up good! Ok, the wipers are squeaking. Not the wipers themselves, changed them today. It's as if a linkages have gone dry? I hosed down the visible linkages with some white grease, no change. It...
  10. SnieselDiesel

Another DPF delete pipe

Buzzken seems to be my other route... Just waiting for dieselgate to finish up. Almost pulled the trigger about 2 weeks ago, then had to replace my windshield (rock cracked it). That got me thinking 'i better wait until this emissions mess is over with'.
  11. SnieselDiesel

Another DPF delete pipe

Found a dpf delete pipe on ebay... Although it doesnt say WHAT its for, other than cr140. It visually looks like what everyone else it offering... At half the price...
  12. SnieselDiesel

MK6 Jetta Mileage/Boasting Thread

2011: (16 cars) 300,000 mi 05/03/16 dozenspeed v.: 6mt prm owner: 1 tb: 3 dpf: 1 hpfp: 1 ef: 1 fb: 1 rb: 2 note: oil ash 258ml@269,962 mi-horn: 3 turbo: 2 @256,646 229,000 mi 06/15/15 canuck07 v.: dsg hl owner: 1 tb: 2 dpf: 1 hpfp: 1 ef: 1 fb: 1 rb: 2 note: rear brakes @ 205k mi due to stuck...
  13. SnieselDiesel

Troubles with 2012..

There were no codes found/stored. No CEL. After i bought the car, i put 304 miles on it with 3 notable rough starts and 4 or 5 dead misses while driving down the road. Followed by the no-start issue. Then it went back to carmax (14 days after purchase), and immediately to VW. It's been about...
  14. SnieselDiesel

Troubles with 2012..

Well... i got the car back this past Wednesday afternoon. Carmax sent it to the vw dealer, surprise. As i had said, i removed the fuel filter to inspect for debris, none found. The vw dealer said the fuel filter was improperly installed, when i know it wasn't. So they just reprimed the fuel...
  15. SnieselDiesel

Troubles with 2012..

This is just for reference, in case someone else has this problem... I will keep this posted until i get my car back. I recently (2 weeks ago today) bought a beautiful 2012 Jetta... 55998 miles currently. I've put almost 600 miles on it. I got outside this morning to leave for work, and the...
  16. SnieselDiesel

About to purchase 2012...

Cool thanks for the info. I'm feeling better about my soon to be TDI. Malone, no question, on the tune. Now to save my penny's and recoup a little from the car purchase. How do these cars hold up to a tune - long term?
  17. SnieselDiesel

About to purchase 2012...

I'm about to purchase me a 2012 Jetta TDI w/ Premium package. 6MT. 56k miles. (finally getting out of that 03 Mitsu galant..) I had to order it from Missouri through Carmax. Anyone just recently sell a dark grey jetta in St. Louis? Carfax checks out, regular maintenance, one owner.., but doesnt...
  18. SnieselDiesel

WTB: Mk4 jetta/golf, manual trans. Virginia.

I'm looking for a mk4 jetta (preferably a jetta- NO WAGONS!) or golf (2 door only), with a 5/6 speed. I will not even think about having an automatic tdi. If it needs a little work, i can manage that. Not too worried about mileage... Under 250k would be nice. Cant spend more than a few...
  19. SnieselDiesel

03 Jetta TDI Manual, Red

Any pictures? Price is a little high for me, but can still entertain the idea...