Search results

1. dogdots

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

That’s a good graph. As I remember you still have all the alphabet? Mine was missing quite a few letters with my JR stage 2 R tune. Never got it on the dyno tho. It left my stable when I bought my tremor so now I’m all outta oil burners.
  2. dogdots

Dutch Auto Parts, gearbox sets, engines, turbos, injection pumps

I’m in Paris for a couple weeks and thought about seeing if he wanted to grab a beer over the weekend but I ended up in Brussels instead of the Netherlands
  3. dogdots

Anyone still have their TDI's?

This is across the street from where I’m working in Rungis (Paris area) France
  4. dogdots

Yes I loaded the wrong picture 😂. I was trying to put the Polo and touran tdi but I grabbed the wrong one. I will delete the Audi. Thanks for noticing.
  5. dogdots

I’m in Paris for a couple of weeks and there’s plenty of tdi vw and Audi running around. I don’t have any anymore but I was always interested in these we don’t get in the US. I also have some touran tdi pics but they are too big to load
  6. dogdots

How big a money pit is a 300d?

My 79 gray market R107 280sl has one of those advanced gas engines. Inline 6 mechanical fuel injection and it starts off in 2nd unless you nail it off the line then there’s a real short 1st. It gets sideways every time it goes 1-2. Handles a little better than any of my 240d or 300d cars did but...
  7. dogdots

2005 B5.5 Passat Wagon TDI 5 Speed FHN - For Sale, Needs work.

Hey I remember you and that car. That was quite the road trip you made :)
  8. dogdots

MN Chat Thread

Unplug the MAF take it for a spin and post the results. Any CEL ?
  9. dogdots

MN Chat Thread

Losha is a complete badass. Years ago he came down to one of our GTGs in KC and completely disassembled my 11mm pump and bench rebuild it including removing the hub to replace the front seal. He is an excellent mechanic and inspired me to help CoolAirVW open his shop. He’s also an all around...
  10. dogdots

“The emissions stuff” is covered by warranty at that mileage no matter what the dealer is saying. When I got the dreaded countdown at 50k miles I drove straight to a dealer and was told warranty was expired and they could maybe fox it for $3600. I told them to piss off and got an alphabet delete...
  11. dogdots

I recently sold my 335d because it was never driven. I drive my Bronco back and forth to the airport every week. Last month my wife got rear ended in her X3M and I was traveling for business with my Bronco parked at the airport so she had to rent a car. Should have kept the 335d I guess.
  12. dogdots

Dutch Auto Parts, gearbox sets, engines, turbos, injection pumps

I relied on Frans for nearly a dozen 5 speed conversions for B5.5 TDI's. Richard (CoolAirVW) has had Frans deliver dozens along with lots of various other parts with impeccable customer service. Its amazing how quickly DHL gets freight to us across 7 time zones. If you call him he will get you...
  13. dogdots

Road trip distance?

Wow! There’s 17 direct reports under me but somehow I still end up anywhere from Mexico City to Vancouver to PEI and everywhere in between 🤔. Midair rn flying home from Toronto next trip is to Gainesville FL then on to Santa Rosa.
  14. dogdots

Road trip distance?

Same. Just sold the 335d because I only put 2000 miles on it in 3 years. Instead of driving 7 states I’m now traveling the entire continent of North America flying about 40 weeks per year.
  15. dogdots

Vendor Accountability Thread

I kinda rode in a diesel to get here…a big metal bird 😀. Currently driving a rented RT Dodge Durango with a Hemi I’m working in Oakville the last two weeks. Thanks for the offer! My schedule is full this trip but I’ll give you a shout next time I’m nearby.
  16. dogdots

Vendor Accountability Thread

PD is tapered AND keyed. This is BEW/BRM/BHW. ALH is NOT keyed. Not all of the mechanical torsional load is distributed through the taper, the keyway takes some of the rotational load on a PD. The totality of rotational load and clamping force is made through the taper friction of the ALH.
  17. 6F65C397-825A-4E27-B376-243D2F3EAC17.jpeg

6F65C397-825A-4E27-B376-243D2F3EAC17.jpeg

Pd cam pulley
  18. Pd cam

Pd cam

19. 34E8D8D5-75C5-42FB-9507-B2E95E8AB62F.jpeg

34E8D8D5-75C5-42FB-9507-B2E95E8AB62F.jpeg

Pd cam
  20. Pd cam

Pd cam