Search results

1. G

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

Thunderchicken, can you take some pictures of your kit installed and post them up? I would like to see if there were any updates to the latest kit being installed from the one I had installed a while ago.
  2. G

Control arm bushings replaced at 15k miles

Can you post a link to the TSB? I would like to see what cars are affected.
  3. G

Golf VII Wagon (Variant) Photo's Released

Looks good! Can't wait to drive one. http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/02/volkswagen-golf-wagon-leaked-ahead-of-official-unveiling/
  4. G

Wheel bent, pothole damage

Does anyone know if VW will cover a bent wheel under warranty? I hit a pothole the other day and afterwards had some vibration that I knew was not normal. No tire damage, just a bent wheel that makes the tire uneven in one spot. I did not even think the pothole was that big, I hit it at...
  5. G

when ea288 comes out I will still have intercooler icing...... that is the point, we do not want VW to forget us who want to drive our TDI's in the northern states high mileage
  6. G

Veedubtdi. I think you need to update you survey link to include a few more fields. My wish list of data would be to add the following: Does you car have inter cooler kit installed? (Yes/no) Kit install date? Hard to start/no start date? And maybe too much data to ask for but this would be...
  7. G

We need to start a map or a posting for after IC kit installed, hard start/no start. I have had two hard starts, my last one was this past sunday. It was almost a no start, I just kept on cranking through, it almost didn't crank, it was as close to a no start as you can get. And that is...
  8. G

I have the kit installed and this morning I had a hesitation/stutter after leaving my 43F garage (getting the car above idle). This stutter is caused by the water being blown into the cylinder when the turbo spools up. As some others reported, I can agree that it seems like the kit it not 100%...
  9. G

How low will Sirius renewal offers will go?

so what is the story with the trial subscription? I signed up back in the end of October and it was supposed to be good only until Jan 3rd, my subscription seems to still be alive today. I checked the website account and it say "no subscription" and $0.00 balance due. I also do not have any...
  10. G

2010 TDI w/80K - should I buy?

if you don't drive alot buy a gasoline engine vehicle, honda makes some of the best. the 2012 CRV is darn near perfect for a JSW guy, if it only had the 2.2 or 1.6 diesel that Honda sells in europe!!!! my other vehicle is a 2012 CRV AWD and I am leasing it now, thinking about buying it out to...
  11. G

Order up a 2013 MkVI or wait for a 14/15 MkVII?

just pony up and buy the 2013 and then when the 2014 becomes a 2016 (dialed in) trade up, that way you don't have to wait to drive a modern 2.0L CR TDI!!!
  12. G

Need help!! Possible diesel contamination

you would think that you texas guys would be the safest for getting the best quality fuel since you live in the oil capitol of the usa!!! ..... but it seems that is not the case. also power service is located in texas, maybe talk to them about station sampling to see how shell compares to...
  13. G

If you mean mimmick the air-to-water intercooler design of the 2012 Passat then yes, that will fix the problem. That is a really good idea, add a heater line inside the intercooler. Main problem is the air-to-air intercooler is too efficient for the cold weather, it supercools the hot/humid...
  14. G

2014 BMW 328d Sedan A 3-series BMW with VW Jetta TDI Fuel Economy?

BMW confirms new Diesels for US market Saw this last night. Including wagon! http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766377 • F30 3 Series sedan diesel - first half 2013 • F31 3 Series touring - second half 2013 • F10 5 Series diesel - third quarter 2013 • X5d diesel - end of 2013 •...
  15. G

small amount of soot in the tail pipe - 2012 Golf

my 2010 has no soot at all inside my tailpipe, went to my 2012 CRV and got plenty of soot from the tailpipe. Clean diesels are basically soot free
  16. G

my dealer put my kit in with no problem, not sure what is going on with the other dealers....
  17. G

I think I fell in love with a Sportwagen

2010 White JSW DSG with ~31,000 miles HPFP - no problems at all DSG - no problems at all IC icing - yes, couple of hard to start and a no-start, got it towed to dealer and had the IC kit installed, so far so good!!! Actually I get better fuel economy in the winter with the kit so it is a ++...
  18. G

perfect intercooler icing weather today in Ohio!!!! Snowy, 32F, wet and traffic was moving slow, light engine loads at 60mph on my 40 minute commute..... Now I will get to see if the intercooler kit is doing it's job, last winter was too mild to test it and see if it works.