Search results

1. P

Golf 2003 TDI, AC cold only when car moving

Thanks to everyone for feedback. I definitely don't mind paying extra if it won't die in a week. And yes It is a beautiful car that needs TLC :). I'll try to take pictures and document when I get to it.
  2. P

First off thanks to everyone and for your patience with my dumb questions. I have a disability so wandering around outside in the heat sucks but I like to maintain my car and hope it lasts till it can't move anymore. Having said that, again thanks for your patience while I try to understand this...
  3. P

I'll try to drive it around and test. Not sure which dealer to go to for fans but the prices I see online go from 45/fan to 140$/fan. Anybody know what those parts cost so I have an idea? I do have P0113 (IAT Sensor Circuit High Voltage) code on the car but i'm pretty sure that's a separate issue.
  4. P

thanks for the part numbers. You suggest replacing individually and not the whole harness ? I'll call and see what they have then.
  5. P

Guess I'll have to hunt. Not much trust in my local dealer/s.
  6. P

Any suggestion on where to buy? Can't seem to find the part for this golf on ebay or tdiparts or a few others? Any thoughts or does anybody have a few spare I can buy?
  7. P

Ok so I looked at what I think is the radiator fans. This: http://images.apwcontent.com/is/image/Autos/repv190901_is?wid=250&hei=250&DefaultImage=noimage under the hood front grill. I'm including videos at low fan setting (with AC on) and high fan setting (with AC on). The fan on the left side...
  8. P

Hi All, Thanks for the responses. For some reason I didn't get any notification so glad I checked the thread again. So consensus is a fan. Even though the air is blowing even when stopped and it's not hot? I'll take a look after the sun sets. I tried to touch the car and burned my hands. I'll...
  9. P

Hi, It's freaking hot in South Florida right now and I noticed that my AC is only blowing cold when I'm driving. Otherwise when stopped nice hot air. It even feels hotter then outside. I don't have any codes tripped. My thinking is alternator or something like that. I don't think it's Freon...
  10. P

Golf 2003 TDI, keyless entry, remote start, push button start (no key)

Any suggestions for schematics and transponder kits ? Yes pushbutton is easy but with rfid/location. My fear is safety. I wouldn't use anything that are the cheap rfid /bluetooth related as they seem easy to hack.. I've built full rfid location and door /equipment unlock for our Hacklab so...
  11. P

Golf 2003 TDI, keyless entry, remote start, push button start (no key)

Hey Guys, So i've had this dream for a few years since i've had my baby TDI and that is a push start system and a show up and unlock system like the newer cars. I'm a bit of a maker so I can solder, 3d print, and make PCBs and stuff but I have ZERO understanding of the keyless entry...
  12. P

Local TDI mechanic and check engine light.

Hi Guys, For the past two years i've been living in the South East FL area between Fort Lauderdale and WPB area. A TDI club member has been very nice and helpful in helping me diagnose problems with my Golf TDI 2003 4-door but will be unavailable in the foreseeable future. I just got a check...
  13. P

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Coral springs south Flordia Hi, Does anybody know if Todd is still working in the area? I would like to go locally to somebody that has a good reputation but all means of contacting him have not been responded. Has anyone used his services recently ? If not is another person in the area that...
  14. P

2003 5dr TDI trunk doors kaput

Hi, Well I went to put my dog in the trunk today.. and the trunk slammed down. I think the pneumatic pumps on the door broke... I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix (maybe cheap).. Junkyard parts.. ? Also how hard is it to change ? Thanks..
  15. P

2003 TDI mileage down and some strange oil leak

Hey guys, Posting here has yielded many insights in the past. I was replacing my rotors/pads on the car and decided to go under to see if there was another reason for my lower mpgs. I came across what looked like three oily regions. These are under the front middle of the car. I hope the...
  16. P

Lower mpg, wobbly car on break, and unknown oily residue

HI guys, So I put the hose clamp on and noticed the rubber sealing this area was partially removed. I have this clear silicone sealant I use for my smoker (it handles 500F or higher and has worked). Would it make sense to reseal that with it ? Here is the pic: As for rotors here are a few pics...
  17. P

Easy to look at the others. Rotors are a pain though
  18. P

@paramedick Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for the barrage of question but trying to figure it out. 1. How damaging is this leak that you mention ? 2. How easy to repair it (finding a part for the CCV valve?)? I have c clams so I should clean it out and put that on first. @colorado Foam...
  19. P

Hi, I've been having lower gas mileage and I believe it's related to these two problems but I don't know for sure. 1. When I brake at higher speeds (past 40mph) the car wobbles. I haven't alternated the tires or aligned the wheels in quite a while so that might be it. (though driving straight...
  20. P

Any helpful Tdi Guru's in south florida?

Hi, I'm chronically disabled, really like my diesel and on a low budget :(. I'd like to learn more about my car, do maintenance and I feel like something is not tuned properly. I'm hoping I can maybe find someone in West Palm Beach or Broward that has knowledge and is willing to just guide me...