Search results

1. J

2000 Golf 4dr-RI

Bump, for update Bumping to update those who expressed interest later today.
  2. J

2000 Golf 4dr-RI

Reposting...see inside Please have transportation in order prior to reviewing or making offers. Thanks, Jason
  3. J

2000 Golf 4dr-RI

F.S.: 2000 Golf 4dr-RI This car is really really sold now. Thanks for your interest. Best of luck to you with your TDI search. My car is on the trading block, not planned. 235,000 miles on it, and I had 300,000 as my goal. We ran over something in the road on the 27th, and it punctured...
  4. J

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

Another successful (cheat) replacement I cheated. New VW replacement door latch assembly. Started down the path of replacing the 4th microswitch with the RadioShack part. Broke the driver side of my 2000 Golf TDI (226,000mi) and retreived the door lock assembly. The microswitch was a mess...
  5. J

RI: '00 Golf VW Body Work

Hello, Not a frequent poster here, so please forgive my ignorance to forums rules. I am looking for someone who could help me with some body work, or complete body work on the side. I have a 2000 Golf TDI that requires front end work. Namely, the front bumper, fenders, grill, and hood...
  6. J

WTB: Jetta Wagon Rear Springs

Thanks for the reply and message. That will save me time, money, and aggrevation. Cheers. J
  7. J

WTB: Jetta Wagon Rear Springs

I have posted on the vwvortex board as well. Looking to purchase a set of stock Jetta Wagon rear springs. I carry a fair load with my 2000 Golf TDI and the rear bike rack drags from time to time. Looking for a set of heavier springs. HD shocks were installed, and this did not change the...
  8. J

Noob: Can't Start My 2000 Golf TDI

Got home from work, assembled the final remaining pieces and decided to try to start it prior to my friend arriving who was going to help me jump the car. And...it started without even a wimper. Multiple times. When we attached the multi-meter, the voltage was 12v prior to start, 10v at turn...
  9. J

I am going to jump start the car after work today and see if that helps. I cracked the battery top open and found very little water in the battery. More and more, it seems as though the battery is the culprit. The only point against this is all the lights and accessories having power. I...
  10. J

First, I am an admittedly horrible owner...but I have set myself up by stating that my goal is 300k miles. So, that must change soon. My cruise control has not worked well for a good 2 years. Whenever I turn left when ingaged, it disengages itself. I have read posts where people will...
  11. J

I guess I am confused. My owners manual stated that the brake light was for front brakes only. Am I missing something?
  12. J

I just wrote up a large thread starter, and something happened and I lost it. So, I am going to be to the point here. My car stopped turning over yeterday. Two nights ago, it did start, but was VERY sluggish turning over. Yesterday morning, it was even more sluggish at first, and finally...
  13. J

In Need of a Brake Reset Tool: Providence Area

Dodoma, Scary how similar our circumstances were. I bought a new caliper and switches brackets that hold the cable. The other rear caliper went in without issue. In fact, the question I have is this. My right rear brake pads were down to metal and the caliper piston was full extended and...
  14. J

Well, I believe the scored/seized piston prevented any movement using the C clamp. It should be noted that I was using a wood working specific clamp...and bent it trying to tighten it down. Likely sign that caliper replacment is in order. I plan on changing out the other rotor/disk and see if...
  15. J

Thanks for the input. I have found a tool for rent, but the process isn't going well. This post should be moved to the newbie area. I believe the issue is a seized piston in my caliper, or at least my forearms are screaming that to me. I am going to see how the other rear looks and the...
  16. J

Hello, I am in need of a reset tool for my disc brake caliper pistons. I live in the Providence, RI area. Is there anyone in the immediate area who has one I could rent/borrow? There are none available that I can find at any of the parts stores or rental shops. Resetting the piston with a...
  17. J

Lighter and AC/Heater Control Lights Dead

Success Thanks for the response. As directed above, I set the middle dial to "2", removed with the needle nose, and pulled the light out with the pliers as well. The light is a 12v, 1.2w. It is tiny. The guy at AutoZone gave it to me for free because the packaing was opened already. The...