Search results

1. B

Exhaust upgrade with particulate filter?

Thanks for that, interesting but geared mostly to fleet owners. Am still hunting on the world wide waste of time. :-) Local VW stealership is being of course, clueless and useless.
  2. B

Exhaust upgrade with particulate filter?

Could not find this in a previous thread... My '01 Golf TDI (running on waste vegetable oil year round, with B100 in the main tank for purging in warmer weather) needs a new exhaust system due to rusted piping. Would prefer to have my diesel-friendly mechanic install a stainless or other higher...
  3. B

UPDATED-B100 on site Saturday-UPDATED!

B100 on site Saturday Thanks for the other opinions! My fuel filter failures happened within the first 100 miles after switching to B100. Could be that the previous owner bought fuel from some cruddy tank. Could also be related to some high glycerin B100 that World Energy sold into the region...
  4. B

UPDATED-B100 on site Saturday-UPDATED!

B100 on site Saturday Fair warning! Many first-time users of B100 who've been burning "dino-diesel" (as in, from the age of the dinosaurs) will find that it's a GREAT lubricant (giving a smooth, quiet ride), but also a great solvent that frees up all the garbage in the bottom of your tank...
  5. B

Sunday carpool to Fest from western New England?

Anyone else interested in a 1 day, Sunday round trip carpool to the Fest? Coming from western MA, southern VT, or even upstate NY? I'm near Greenfield, MA and want to go for Sunday's tech sessions (and more). We could meet on Rt 2, I-91 or even the Mass Pike. Save $, fuel, talk TDI on the way...
  6. B

Tech sessions

Thanks, that's helpful. Any plans for biodiesel and vegetable oil conversion discussions/sessions?
  7. B

Tech sessions

Anyone able to give me an idea of what topics the Fest's technical sessions will cover on Sunday? Are there multiple concurrent breakouts sessions? If so, what's on when?
  8. B

Disabling automatic door locks?

It has automatic windows. Thanks for the tips.
  9. B

Disabling automatic door locks?

Is there an easy way to disable the automatic door locking mechanism,the one that locks all the doors when speed exceeds 10 mph? My wife just got a nasty blood blister on her fore arm when the retracting lock caught her skin. Similarly, can I disable the automatic locking of the hatch door...
  10. B

Use VW fuel filters?

Thanks. I'm learning a lot from y'all, with more to come, I'm certain.
  11. B

Hesitation with 1st bd and new filter?

Thank you for that VERY helpful tip. This web site rocks.
  12. B

Use VW fuel filters?

New-to-me 2001 GLS Golf: I've searched this web site and not found an answer to the following: 1) Do I need to use VW fuel filters on this, or is after-market ok? 2) Anything special I need to watch for in replacing the fuel filter?
  13. B

Clarification: There's been 1200 miles of driving on diesel with a new fuel filter before 11 gallons of B100 was added to the 3.5 gals of diesel in the tank. --I would not have thought the filter would be that dirty after so few diesel miles...
  14. B

Got advice for me? I'm a 2 year "veteran" of burning WVO in an '89 Jetta, who just upgraded to the TDI world. Probably going to try an Elsbett multi-fuel SVO conversion in due course, but in the mean time, I need your advice. My new-to-me 2001 GLS Golf (85K miles) has a new fuel filter in it...