Search results

1. O

Canadian HPFP failure !!

Since I unable to edit, I want to make one more point, and have to create another post to do so. I had originally suggested 150,000 miles as a practical compromise. Although diesel engines are said to be capable of having a lifespan well above that, even double it, I felt that 150,000 miles for...
  2. O

Canadian HPFP failure !!

I neglected to fully address your post. 1. I didn't suggest a bumper-to-bumper 200,000 mile warranty, which would obviously be a silly suggestion. I suggested a warranty extension for the fuel system, as a solution for the concern over HPFP/fuel system failure. If the system truly is not...
  3. O

How Many of the HPFP victims used additives?

That's not the case. The EMA (Engine Manufacturers' Association) put out a paper in 2005 that states 460 or better wear scar needs to be the standard. VW is a member of the EMA, as is Bosch as I recall. Bosch also has literature on that subject. I believe there is a chart that depicts premature...
  4. O

How Many of the HPFP victims used additives?

Some think there's a design flaw that causes metal-metal contact — a problem that additives' supposed increasing of lubricity won't solve. That is different than the design defect of a pump that can't handle American-grade D2 diesel fuel's wear scar (the lack of adequate lubricity theory)...
  5. O

Canadian HPFP failure !!

The suggestion for a 200,000 mile warranty on the fuel system didn't originate with me, by the way. I had suggested that the period be extended to 150,000 miles. But, it's clear you'd rather insult me than discuss the merit of the idea of a longer fuel system warranty period to cover such...
  6. O

Canadian HPFP failure !!

Next time, why not come up with a decent rebuttal, troll?
  7. O

EXTENDED Waranty for HPFP 2012

Isn't VW betting also that the product will break by only giving it a rather short warranty period? If VW feels the fuel system is so secure, why not provide something like a 200,000 mile warranty on it? Even 100,000 miles suggests more faith than the current warranty period.
  8. O

EXTENDED Waranty for HPFP 2012

I find this questionable since more than one person here has reported multiple failures—Dweisel, for instance. I am not a statistician, but I assume that when such a small pool of respondents includes multiple examples of people with multiple failures, the failure rate can be considered higher...
  9. O

Canadian HPFP failure !!

It clearly upsets some people to see the truth. My post crystallized the attitude that certain folks take toward criticism of VW. Changing the subject from VW's pump to me is an old trick and it's used again and again in the forum to quash discussion and debate. I guess some would rather not...
  10. O

Canadian HPFP failure !!

It's a privilege to pay for and drive a VW diesel. If you have problems, they're your problems--that is, they're problems with your attitude rather than anything VW can be blamed for. Drive more, worry less. If your car is in the shop, then buy more and worry less.
  11. O

Info from VW re HPFP and warranty

150k is still well under the expected useful life, particularly for a vehicle with a diesel engine.
  12. O

2011 JSW HPFP Failure at 1,733 miles

I wonder if it's even possible for an HPFP to fail without sending shards of metal through the rest of the system, damaging other parts—since there isn't adequate protection to isolate it from the pump. There is a bunch of discussion about this in the analysis topic.
  13. O

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

There will be a deal, and it will benefit the wealthy like every deal has for many decades.
  14. O

Nanoparticles Used as Additives in Diesel Fuels Can Travel from Lungs to Liver

Actually, I should amend my post a bit. Nano tech is big business, so I would expect to see more problematic products with it in the future, rather than fewer.
  15. O

I didn't know all that. I guess that's why posting is helpful. I learned a few things. 40x40 didn't know all that, either, otherwise he wouldn't have called the posting bad news. If it's not being used anymore, it's not bad news. Nano tech is big business, and business tends to implement stuff...
  16. O

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Someone said the spread is around $1.00 (maybe a bit over) somewhere in Ohio at the moment. I haven't checked prices in my area lately.
  17. O

:rolleyes: Cerium additive wasn't my idea. Thanks for the misguided rant, though, that definitely cheered me up.
  18. O

Volkswagen still fighting new CAFE rules

Probably the only hope we have of diesels being treated fairly is the diesel Cruze.
  19. O

~new member of the HPFP failure club~

If you don't have something in writing, treat it as if it doesn't exist. It's exceedingly difficult to prove anything concerning verbal agreements.