Search results

1. T

How-To: Flakey Turn Signal Clicking Fix.

Those who want to clean the switch without removing it from the steering column may like my pics; using a cable tie to pop the latches on the switch cover
  2. T

How-To: Flakey Turn Signal Clicking Fix.

I have to say thanks, the fix worked for me, seems there is a correct ammount of grease to use, 2001/2 was a bad batch. The difference to the procedure above is that I didn't remove the part from the steering but instead was able to undo the top cover of the stalk by use of a cable tie...
  3. T

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

Some pics of the mechanisms for you to savour.... The operating cam for the switch which sense the door open/closed via the latch position seen from below and from the inside face http://static.zooomr.com/images/9422845_c077d76cf1.jpg The sensor shown plastic rivetted to the latch assembly...
  4. T

Car won't start troubleshooting

Engine Light possible, not Immobilizer light In my case I had the engine light on the dashboard, not the immobilizer It is possible this was down to a failed ECU pairing to the Instrument Cluster rather that the failure of the immobilizer reader - I had the immobilizer reader changed and at...
  5. T

01 Jetta starts & immediately stalls. - intermittent problem

In my case I had the same symptom, with a new beetle with immo3. Engine starts but then stops after 2 Seconds I also had on one occasion had the very same Coolant temperature sensor error code. After clearing the codes the immobilizer code was re-created but the coolant sensor one went away and...
  6. T

Main Dealer (UK) install a second hand ECU?

Sorry but the INSTRUMENTS module gave me 'No fault code found'. The true result may still be that either I have (or merely had) an intermittent fault (which is stable once established) that was by fluke fixed either permanently or temporary by the various acts of interference with the system...
  7. T

RESULT! Well, the main dealer did try to code the 'previously owned' ECU to the car, but failed. So to my first question - yes the dealer was cooperative (perhaps they took pity as I whimpered about cancelled holiday to pay for new parts) The main point however is that I stood my ground, and...
  8. T

Thanks UWE, I kept the readings from that module to:- Control Module Part Number: 1C0 920 920 A Component and/or Version: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. M73 V08 Software Coding: 01412 Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 Additional Info: WVWZZZ9CZ3M{some more numbers} VWZ5Z0B81...
  9. T

Hi this is a 2002 New Beetle TDI with an ACU part# With my own Vag.com diagnositic reader I got two interesting results: Engine Module 1 Fault Found: 17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer P1570 - 35-00 - - And- For the Immobilizer module I got a report of No Faults Found or...
  10. T

FS: 2000 2001 TDI Beetle Engine Computer ECM

Ignore previous post, I got one sorted. Since posting this I have found what I need, so please ignore.
  11. T

Hi My delightful main dealer has suggested I will have to pay £1100 to fit a new ECU 038 906 019 DD to solve a problem I still think to perhaps be an immobilizer key reader issue. Whether or not their diagnosis is good can anyone (who is in the know) suggest whether a UK main dealer will fit a...
  12. T

Accessing ECU on New Beetle

here's a good link to illustrate access to ECU for Beetle This link is really useful to show the way to access the ECU in your lovelly beetle http://www.goapr.com/VW/support/ecu_beetle.pdf
  13. T

FS: 2000 2001 TDI Beetle Engine Computer ECM

sent email to see if this is still for sale, maybe I really do need one, not sure yet