Search results

1. R

2004 VW Jetta TDI Hard to start after sitting overnight

I have looked at the cam but have not pulled it so it's a bit hard to see everything but I can see no damage to the cam or cam followers, -I did not pull the boost hose --the turbo is only about 2 years old and when the car is running it runs perfectly -with VCDS -no codes-- injector values are...
  2. R

What do you want to see pictures of?
  3. R

This could be a possibility --but I can see no evidence what so ever of any fuel leak anywhere under the bonnet. I clamped the line off right at the T fitting that fits on top of the fuel filter
  4. R

OK So yesterday I tested the lift pump--working as it should--I started the car let it run a few min. then shut it off---I immediately clamped off the return line right before the fuel filter. -I let the car sit for about 18 hours--this morning I removed the clamp & tried to start the...
  5. R

not resolved yet, but in my head I am thinking it's one of 2 things ---since I have replaced the other things all I can guess right now is the lift pump or a leaking injector---
  6. R

I can hear the lift pump for a couple of seconds then it cycles off. --The 2 things I an thinking of doing next basically because they are easy and take very little time is --`1) do a fuel pressure test, 2)-do a compression test--1 will tell me for sure if the lift pump is functioning properly &...
  7. R

I cant believe that nobody is chiming in to help me with this issue
  8. R

I will try to make this as brief as I can but need to get all info out. 2004 VW Jetta TDI-293K miles, This started about 3 months ago--Everything was working perfectly & the car running great. While driving home cruise set @ 65 mph car stumbled 2 times, the oil light flickered then HUGE cloud of...
  9. R

W.T.B. LSD gearbox

Guys I am thinking about installing a L.S.D in my 2004 PD Jetta TDI --If you have a good 5 speed gearbox with L.S.D. that you would part with reasonably please let me know--My car is a 2004 Jetta TDI wagon BEW / PD with 5 speed -. I am looking to see whats out there --I want one that is already...
  10. R

W.T.B. Frost heater

frost heater Thanks for that but it is not the same unit -I looked at FrostHeater's website and it's a different part number
  11. R

Diesel Extreme for injectors

I too run Diesel Kleen in every tank I run about 4 oz per fill up and about every 5th I use 8 oz--maybe overkill maybe not, but it cant hurt if it keeps the fuel system clean, plus I replace the fuel filter every other oil change, cheap way to keep it going and running well
  12. R

W.T.B. Frost heater

I am looking for a frost heater for my 2004 Jetta TDI PD, it is a wagon with 5 speed -I know they are different for 5 speed & auto. This is their part #Kit # HTR3. I do need everything for the install.
  13. R

To replace brake fluid - when & how to know if needed

Brake fluid I flush my brake system once a year, is that excessive --maybe -maybe not also depends where you live -I am in Florida high heat 9 months of the year and high humidity --Water is what normally contaminates your brake fluid ie condensation-in the res. I work on BMW Motorcycles and...
  14. R

Mixing Jet A with diesel

I burn the Jet A in my salamander heater in the shop when it is cold, But I would never run it in my TDI, I thought some of my BMW motorcycle customers were cheap---but some of the people here take the cake. lol
  15. R

Red Line DCTF in my DSG

Redline I have no doubt that alot of people have used it and had no issues, again all I can speak about is what I have seen first hand--I would agree about wet clutches --except the BMW Motorcycles I have seen the issues with are all dry clutch bikes-( BMW didnt use wet clutches until about 12...
  16. R

Red Line DCTF in my DSG

redline Alex I am not sure which gear lube they were using as I am not the one who put it in, all I know is when I drained it from the bikes it was the color of Pepto Bismol. I am not a chemist and honestly don't get into alot of those details like some people here love to spout. All I know is...
  17. R

2018 Best fuel saving Tires for 06 MK4 Golf TDI

Tyres I just new tyres on my 04 Jetta wagon about a month ago, I went with the Michelin defender H+T and love them so far, before that I had a set of Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter's I only put about 1200 miles on them and sent them back-(Firestone gives a 30 day try out free)--I didnt like...
  18. R

Red Line DCTF in my DSG

Well I am going to give my 2 cents worth here about RedLine lube's, Now first I have never tried it in a car, I have an independent BMW Motorcycle shop, I am a BMW Master certified tech and have been working on BMW's for over 35 years. I have customers who have run Redline. Now what I can tell...
  19. R

smashed up car - plate repair

Tag I have no idea in NY as others have said check your state laws regarding this. Here in Florida on vintage plates I use them on my vintage motorcycles because Fl. allows you to reg a car or motorcycle with a plate the same as the mfg. year of the car, But you have to send an original plate...
  20. R

BEW No gas pedal response on cold start

I run diesel kleen in every tank at fillup, cant hurt -and as for the fuel filter on my 04 Jetta Wagon PD I change the fuel & air filter every 2nd oil change--it's so easy to get too -takes 5 min and they are not that expensive --Granted I dont have to deal with real cold weather here in...