Search results

1. S

TCM or TCU compatability

Did you find one. My 3B0 927 156 CF tcm has been sitting on my desk since Feb when I had my swap done.
  2. S

5 Speed manual swap

G'day all, Although there's alot of info on this on the forum I'm not sure I've seen anyone who's had it done in this area so I'm pleased to chime in on this upgrade. Over the last year and a bit I've had an intermittent safe mode wondrously slamming the automatic into the 4th or 3rd gear...
  3. S

New OEM Axles Vs Raxles

OEM axles sitting idle G'day all, Today the Passat got it's 5 speed manual swap overhaul. Parts from Frans! So far so good but probably lookin in near future to get a reflash to cancel out the xmas tree lights on dash. In the meantime my old axles are now spare if anyone is interested in...
  4. S

Misfire, sometimes

Golffriend, Did you try cleaning the other side of the EGR? Fixed some real issues with mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBZ6hTYYFO8
  5. S

Bad MAF?? I just want to drive my VW! :(

Egr Hi Groovy, Not that this could be a problem but something to check. About a year ago mine would give a couple chugs going up hills and and I noticed a reduction in fuel economy by 150 km per tank. I usually clean the EGR every 4-6 months but I was only cleaning the exterior. After some...
  6. S

EGR valve was very dirty!

Cleaning the EGR Notice a sudden huge decrease in fuel economy (minus 150+km} around first week of April. No ECL or Emission Workshop light. I typically clean the carbon filled exterior valve of the EGR every 4-6 months, and that's all I've seen in directions or discussions regarding the issue...
  7. S

Warranty rust repair by VW

Much of the panels that qualified for fix or replacement had just paint bubbling, doors, hood, 1/4 panels. Sorry don't have the pics to show. One door actually had the paint gone with a rusted spot just above the trim but you could see the trim was starting to lift as well from rusting through...
  8. S

Warranty rust repair by VW

Just got her back out of the Collision Shop for rust warranty work, here's the run down: replaced - Hood PNL, both front door shells & lower mouldings, rear deck lid and nameplates, repaired & patched both 1/4 PNLs. Coupla years back I had the front fenders replaced as well due to the bubbling...
  9. S

Do we know why these transmissions are failing?

Can someone post a link to the TSB?
  10. S

Do we know why these transmissions are failing?

Had a tranny fluid change conducted by the dealer late January and a couple weeks later I noticed some slippage using the tip as I went up through the gears. Not assuming that there may be a coincidence but I did have a nagging doubt. Have about 240000km on her now and had only one transmission...
  11. S

Rear Defrost Inoperable

Stay in the south side of the state as the north sometimes get frost, thus the need for defrost haha.
  12. S

Rear Defrost Inoperable

Not working is different from working poorly which is what I ran into a month or so after I purchased mine, back in 07 . I was disappointed in how well it didn't quickly defrost even a foggy the rear window that I had the dealer run check on it, which of course came up full power bars across the...
  13. S

Rust...

Well it took about 4 weeks to get an answer that my fenders were ready albeit it was my calling the dealer and their getting a hold of the body shop to confirm that [oh yeah they're ready]. Anyway made the appointment when I could and had the fenders installed today. Was given a Jetta gasser...
  14. S

removal of front brake rotor

Hi tditom Wrong relay...you need to pull 384 and check the circuit card for weak or cold soldered connections. although 373s and others are related to the fan as MoGolf puts it .."see How to Posts" fore relay panels... Haven't done a brake rotor removal yet but there should be a "how to" on...
  15. S

AC relay, 2004 TDI Passat

A/C relay fixed Almost 3 1/2 years now and this spring the A/C just started acting up in March when a sporadic hot day materialize and I tested the unit.Took between 5-10 minutes to flash up then and has anytime since then. Figured on getting around to the relay soon but today clinched it when...
  16. S

Rust...

This would support why they are also replacing my right fender which had no paint bubbling or really much visible rust at a glance but the service tech ran his fingers inside the top edge of the wheel well and said yup that's going too, took an underneath pic and sent them off. They are now...
  17. S

Finally Unchained

AJA- Read you on that. Of course some of these oils I believe have been mentioned to have the same specs as 505.01 oil, just not the certification. I was also looking for Mobil 1 TDT oil but its not readily available in these parts so I went with the cheapest 505.01 5W40 oil I could get (Fuchs)...
  18. S

Rust...

Rust I see alot of different vehicles out there with mud flaps and no rust in the immediate area due to grit abrasions, I assume, though this sign took about 3 years to show itself; perhaps its just a loose fit or too much overlap of the plastic molding that's the symptom. Anyway I fired off a...
  19. S

Rust...

Just received notice from dealer saying authorization came in for replacement of my two front fenders due to the rusting. Took about 8 weeks but feels good that they came through. This also fixed another issue, as I did have annoying paint flaking and rust showing at the small area immediately...
  20. S

Finally Unchained

Ahhh but which correct 505.01 oil? VW says 5W30 and the Forum suggested correct oil is a 505.01 - 5W40 oil, to mitigate a more than traditional cam wear. Though I'm sure not everyone subscribes to this.