Search results

1. H

DPF Cleaning

What do you think of a fuel additive that claims to be a DPF Cleaner? For example, Lucas Oil makes a "Diesel Deep Clean" product that you add to a full tank of fuel. It seems to get good reviews. Other manufacturers make similar products. These products supposedly increase temperatures in...
  2. H

Help: My Fuel Return Line LEAKS...

Well, having received no inputs on my question, I have this update: 1. Like all cars today, our TDI's are made of metal, rubber and plastic. And this particular plastic fuel restricting "canister" is weak and prone to failure. My factory original leaked fuel after just 52K miles and the...
  3. H

Help: My Fuel Return Line LEAKS...

This little canister shaped thing from my fuel pump (2014 Audi Q5 with 3.0L TDI) leaked at 52K miles. Specifically, it leaks in the single fuel line coming from the fuel pump. The two lines on the other side of the canister remain dry...
  4. H

Question on DEF & Emission System

Yes agreed. You are correct. So, for me, I guess i am covered until 2024 (10 years after 2014). It states the warranty shall be the greater of: 10 years or 120K miles whichever occurs first from the vehicle's original in-service date (for me, that's March 2014) OR 4 years or 48K miles...
  5. H

Delete ...

can delete this post. Thanks...
  6. H

Looking into this some more, my booklet for Extended Emissions Warranty Coverage states: it shall be the greater of 10 years or 120K miles whichever occurs first from the vehicle's in-service date. I had the Emissions work done by Audi in Feb. 2018 when the car had 38K. Three years later, we...
  7. H

Best way to Maintain your DEF System

I have a 2014 Audi TDI with a turbo V6, 58,000 miles. A few years ago, I had the VW Authorized emissions repair done under warranty already (from the big lawsuit). Question: My Mechanic (non VW or Audi) told me the TDI's with DEF systems can have SERIOUS and Expensive issues when they exceed...
  8. H

post deleted

deleted
  9. H

Greetings, I have a 2014 Audi TDI with a turbo V6, 58,000 miles. A few years ago, I had the VW Authorized emissions repair done under warranty already (from the big lawsuit). Question: My Mechanic (non VW or Audi) told me the TDI's with DEF systems can have SERIOUS and Expensive issues when...
  10. H

2014 Q5 post-fix impression

2014 Q5 TDI with 36K on it. Had the emissions modification completed in February. My most noticeable difference is the smell of rotten eggs (sulfur) at start up. Goes away after the engine warms up. Anyone else experiencing this? Doesn't seem to matter if the windows are up or down - but...
  11. H

3.0TDI GenII post Emissions Modification

2014 Q5 TDI. Had the emissions modification completed in February. My main observation is the smell of rotten eggs (sulfur) at every start up. Goes away when the engine gets hot but it's there every time. You can smell it with windows up or down. Anyone else smell this? Any...